CA Service Management

• 1.  multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 17, 2014 05:35 AM

Hello all,

i want to enable the multilanguage functionality in ca service desk 12.5:

details: where customer is  asking for  a multilanguage option available as user selection that could change both form labels and product data.

that is when 1. by choosing "employee(eng)" role i will see "open" under the label "ststus" in an incident detail.

2. by choosing "employee (ita)" role i will always see "open" (the customer would like to see "Aperto") under the label "stato" in an incident detail.

pls help

• 2.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 19, 2014 02:51 AM

Hi Satanik,

Greenbook chapter 14 contains detailed information about mutilingual considerations for the SDM which may be helpful.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 3.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 19, 2014 02:53 AM

• 4.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 19, 2014 10:45 AM

mr naveen thank you very much for your feedback, but i am sorry if i am bothering you, after going through the pdf i tried to implement things but it not worked can you please give me a step wise configuration please....it would really help

• 5.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 20, 2014 01:53 AM

Satanik,

I dont think there are steps available other than in the greenbook mentioned earlier. I would suggest you engage CAT Services to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 6.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2014 03:11 PM

Satanik,

On a totally different note, from some of the recent threads it seems to me that there's new functionality being implemented on 12.5.  Maybe you're already aware, but thought of raising attention to the fact that 12.5 is already End of Service for a while now. Infact it'll be a year since EOS by end of May. https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/phpsupcontent?contentID=7bec1955-eec4-4615-a534-817832574fe8&productID=8165

Were you already making plans to upgrade to Supported releases?

Couple of links upgrade pages are on below linkw: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/phpsupcontent?contentID=fd1a9c06-9e78-4d8a-bb28-28aac5d8c7cf&productID=8165

_R

• 7.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 22, 2014 09:31 PM

Hello Satanik,

If the above information is helpful, please mark this thread as resolved or let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 8.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 26, 2014 09:43 AM

Hello.

I've got connected problem, but in version CA Service Desk r12.9.

I would like to ask about localization in new version of CA Service Desk Manager r12.9.

Does anyone know if (compared to version r12.7 or r12.5) there are any exactly files/folders where I can find messages/labels/button_text description?

I would like to fast translate SDM (end user & administrator site), but I don’t know if there any helpful tool or separation of localization files?

Thanks and regards,

Jack

• 9.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 27, 2014 04:00 AM
    staja10:

Hello.

I've got connected problem, but in version CA Service Desk r12.9.

I would like to ask about localization in new version of CA Service Desk Manager r12.9.

Does anyone know if (compared to version r12.7 or r12.5) there are any exactly files/folders where I can find messages/labels/button_text description?

I would like to fast translate SDM (end user & administrator site), but I don’t know if there any helpful tool or separation of localization files?

Thanks and regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Maybe this should be moved out to a new thread, and the original thread closed, as are discussing different aspect in a different version?

Changing the language of a version is a big job. I hope that you would be very well paid for that, as it is not something to be undertaken lightly. (Translation - I wouldn't think of trying it.) Translating SOME of the forms may be feasible. But NOT the whole thing.

Note that our translated products translate the forms that the end users see. They do NOT change the data that is written or the way that it is stored, nor do they change behind the scenes aspects such as log files, which are all in English. I mention that because you asked about changing data as it is written in your original post, and that's not supported.

Having said that, SDM will store anything into the database that the character set will allow. So if you enter Chinese characters, they will stay stored as Chinese characters.

Have you checked the languages that we cover already? Maybe your job has been done?

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 10.  RE: multilanguage functionality in ca service 12.5

Posted May 27, 2014 04:26 AM

Thanks Kyle for answer.

You can move to another/ new thread this issue.

I would like to translate SDM to polish language, so until now in OotB doesn't exist this localization. I.e. before i was working with BMC Remedy and there is a tool L10N, using google.translator api, which is translating entire forms and data. Of course, after this automatically action, you have to check and correct this form manually...but is 100% better than spending a time to looking for all labels/data/message on exactly form.

Of course, end-user should have everything in his native language. Additionally i am talking about Administration tab, Options/Purge/History/Events/Macros/ etc. etc...also Incident form, Problem form, Change form etc. etc...i don't need translation of logging files ;)

Regards,

Jack