AnsweredAssumed Answered

Timesheet View Different

Question asked by TDBecker on May 21, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2014 by vtleogal2

After my last upgrade to 13.3 we noticed that the Timesheet View page (Filter) options were different between resources with different rights.  I opened a case with CA Support and was directed to a Tech Document (TEC592045 ) which explained how this page was functioning as designed.  I was also told that the functionality which had allowed resources without Approve rights to see the additional filters was actually a defect in 13.2, but fixed in 13.3.

This is a problem for me because most of our contractors need the abiltiy to retrieve and print timesheets from prior time periods to be turned into their managers.  I would like to enable the functionaltiy allowing them to access their own timesheets through prior time periods. 

I've spent the past few days scowering the Support Site/User Community and Clarity PMO Accelerator to see if I can come up with a new portlet.  I get close, but nothing I can find meets my needs.  My best case solution would be to come up with a version of the  Timesheet page (timeadmin.editTimesheet) with the timeperiod listbox containing prior timeperiods. 

I've seen a few solutions (i.e. creating dummy users) and even a suggestion to add my vote on the CA ideas site.  Unfortunately, I'm kind of stuck on my upgrade to 13.3 until I can come up with a good solution for this change in functionality. 

Has anyone gotten around this situation? 

Outcomes