Clarity

• 1.  Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted May 22, 2014 02:38 PM

Hi!

After installation we are not able to access the application url. There are no errors, everything is complete and installed.

Could it be something with the port 80? Accesses?

We have looked into all the logs.

One that called my attention was the one named: app-access-TODAYSDATE.log is blank!!! It says: No Information... I think it supposed to behave and record entries as the nsa-access.log that shows the connections (example my ip).

Our database is complete with status AVAILABLE, up and running.

Nevertheless, we don't the a DB service deployed because we are using TOMCAT

These are the services status:

CA Clarity PPM Beacon [beacon] is running: PID:23795, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:STARTED
    CA Clarity PPM App Server [app] is running: PID:24014, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:STARTED
    CA Clarity PPM System Admin Server [nsa] is running: PID:24242, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:STARTED
    CA Clarity PPM Background Server [bg] is running: PID:24493, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:STARTED

Any ideas, I searche the communities for this but didn't find a solution yet.

• 2.  RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted May 22, 2014 03:31 PM

"After installation we are not able to access the application url. There are no errors, everything is complete and installed."

Can you paste a screenshot of the page after accessing the url ?

Also, the url should be like - servername/niku/nu

Have you logged a case with support yet ?

NJ

• 3.  RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted May 22, 2014 06:28 PM
    navzjoshi00:

"After installation we are not able to access the application url. There are no errors, everything is complete and installed."

Can you paste a screenshot of the page after accessing the url ?

Also, the url should be like - servername/niku/nu

Have you logged a case with support yet ?

NJ

The page says: Unable to connect....is the generic page when you try to reach a webpage that is not accessible.

Our Apache Tomcat is up and when we hit servername:8080 it shows the page from Apache Tomcat:

If you're seeing this, you've successfully installed Tomcat. Congratulations!

It is has to do with ports? I don't understand....I can access NSA flawleslly.

• 4.  RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted May 23, 2014 03:15 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Mirlenia,

Are you trying to access the app url using the default port 80? Have you tried giving a different port for the app service in CSA? We have seen issues before where other applications are already using this default port.

It would be better if you can share the screenshot of the App service settings, as in the below screenshot.

Thanks,

Georgy

• 5.  RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted May 27, 2014 03:49 PM

RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

We don't know if is has to do with tomcat. Do we need to startup tomcat before the services or after? We don't have any clue....

Getting crazy....

Attachment(s)

docx
    Configuration-app.docx   32 KB 1 version
    txt
    app-system.txt   213 KB 1 version
    txt
    app-ca.txt   116 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted May 28, 2014 02:32 AM

Hi Mirlenia,

Normally we dont goto the tomcat folder and start it up before bringing up the services. We just start the nsa and app services.

In your app-system.txt, I am seeing the following lines:
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8009
    SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-80"]
    java.net.BindException: Permission denied <null>:80

As the issue is definitely with the ports, you could try giving another port like 2840 in the HTTP Port field and http://172.31.50.76:2840 in the HTTP Entry URL and clear the value 8009 in Tomcat Connector Port. Save and restart NSA and App services and then try accessing the HTTP Entry URL to see if it works.

Thanks,

Georgy

• 7.  RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted May 28, 2014 09:12 AM

Hi Georgy!

We get this message when trying to delete the Tomcar Connector Port

NSA-0121: Must specify a valid port between the values 1 and 65535 at Application Instance[ app ]: Tomcat Connector Port.

Also, we are going to try another port (8081) to see if that works.

Keep you posted. I really appreciate all your help and tips.

• 8.  RE: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted Jun 02, 2014 03:29 PM

Hi all!

We just used another port....still not clue what happen with the 80. We are using 8081....at least to continue ahead...for now.

Thanks George.

• 9.  Re: Clarity 13 Application URL not working after installation

Posted Oct 24, 2014 12:24 PM

I guess you have it solved, if not...

The problem is because in Linux all ports under 1024 are managed by root only, so you have two options, keep using 8081 (or any other port  greater than 1024) or have the root user start the services.

Thanks,

Jair