CA Service Management

• 1.  Activity Log Entry For Ticket Type Change Customization ?

Posted May 23, 2014 12:02 AM

Hello,

Our Service Desk often accidently log an Incident ticket as a Request and vice versa. So we have this common customization on our detail_cr.htmpl and detail_in.htmpl forms:

<PDM_IF "$args.id" != "0" && "$prop.form_name_3" == "edit" && "$args.KEEP.MAKE_COPY" != "1">
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Type of Record" attr=type lookup=no make_required=yes whereclause="sym!='Problem'">
    </PDM_IF>

This works fine for allowing a ticket to be changed between an Incident or Request, but does not a log an entry to the Activity log, I want an Activity log entry for reporting purposes.

I assumed I could follow the same logic of how I successfully added an Activity Log entry for my custom field zlogging_method on the cr table.

1. Clicked Administration tab -> Notifications -> Activty Associations and created this:

2. Then added the trigger and ran pdm_publish

POST_CI val_fieldupdate_site(persistent_id, audit_userid, CHANGED_ONLY, zlogging_method) 111 FILTER(EVENT("UPDATE"));

I can already see inside Activty Associations an entry for type, so I added  to the Site-Defined Triggers on the cr table:

POST_CI val_fieldupdate_site(persistent_id, audit_userid, CHANGED_ONLY, type) 111 FILTER(EVENT("UPDATE"));

But still when the ticket type is changed nothing is written to the Activity log.

Any ideas?

Thanks Stuart

• 2.  RE: Activity Log Entry For Ticket Type Change Customization ?

Posted Jun 02, 2014 06:35 AM

Hi Stuart,

Did you recycle the SDM service after making your change? This is a Object layer change and required SDM to be recycled for the change to take effect.

• 3.  RE: Activity Log Entry For Ticket Type Change Customization ?

Posted Jun 03, 2014 09:35 PM

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately recycling Service Desk Manager has had no effect.