Clarity

• 1.  CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: Hiding Page Tabs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2014 12:46 PM

Most tabs on the Project Default Layout are controlled by security access rights. 

But did you know that in Clarity v13 you can actually override the security access by permanently hiding tabs on the page layout?

In the configuration of the page layout you can 'deactivate' a tab.  This means that it will never appear on the page layout regardless of the security access rights granted to the user.

This may be useful for creating your own copy of the project default page layout and deactivating different tabs for use in different types of projects.  When the tab is active, it will use the built-in security access rights for visibility.

For an example of how this works, refer to the following Technical Article:

KB000054953 :  Clarity: How do I hide the 'Financial Plan', 'Hierarchy' or 'Processes' tab on the Project object

• 2.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: Hiding Page Tabs

Posted May 28, 2014 07:27 PM

Thanks Kathryn, this is nice :)

• 3.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: Hiding Page Tabs

Posted Jun 05, 2014 10:17 AM

Thanks for sharing this Kathryn smiley

NJ

• 4.  RE: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: Hiding Page Tabs

Posted Jun 05, 2014 11:39 AM
    Kathryn_Ellis:

Most tabs on the Project Default Layout are controlled by security access rights. 

But did you know that in Clarity v13 you can actually override the security access by permanently hiding tabs on the page layout?

In the configuration of the page layout you can 'deactivate' a tab.  This means that it will never appear on the page layout regardless of the security access rights granted to the user.

This may be useful for creating your own copy of the project default page layout and deactivating different tabs for use in different types of projects.  When the tab is active, it will use the built-in security access rights for visibility.

For an example of how this works, refer to the following Technical Article:

TEC442078 :  Clarity: How do I hide the 'Financial Plan', 'Hierarchy' or 'Processes' tab on the Project object

Thanks for this great info Kathryn!

• 5.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: Hiding Page Tabs

Posted Jul 19, 2016 05:46 AM

Hello Kathryn,

We have a requirement to show/hide project tabs (Risk, Financials, Hierarchy...and so on). I understood from your post that we can create a copy of project default page layout, however, my question is - Can we configure the custom page ( copy of project default layout) with OTB project object. Our requirement is to hide few tabs across all projects for every user. (although administrators should be able to see every tab)

Regards,

Shiny

• 6.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: Hiding Page Tabs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2017 02:05 PM

Hi Kathryn,

I have two questions regarding the referenced TEC442078 :  Clarity: How do I hide the 'Financial Plan', 'Hierarchy' or 'Processes' tab on the Project object.

1) Wondering if you could explain or post link to documentation on how to connect the newly created custom portlet page with project object to see the new views of table on project edit page.

2) Regarding the recommendation not to deactivate tabs on the 'Project Default Page Layout', but instead to make a copy and use the new one... what is reason why and if only want to deactivate just the Dashboard tab from Page: Project Default Layout - Tabs what would be the impact of small change like this?

Thanks!