Clarity

• 1.  Get Documents stored in Database by XOG v13.3

Posted Jun 05, 2014 08:27 AM

Hi,

I'm not able to make this to work in Clarity v13.3. It's working fine in v12.1.

We have our files stored in the database. Our two databases are identical, so the same file and version have the same IDs in both DB. I can open the same documents in both old and new Clarity from the Knowledge Store.

When I try a XOG to retrieve a document from our old clarity, I can put it wherever I want in my filesystem changing the 'documentLocation' argument in the header of the XOG xml. It creates a folder tree with the document inside.

When I try the same request against our new v13.3 Clarity, all I get is a XOG error saying that it can't save the file to the file store. The SQL trace shows that it finds the document and the BLOB with the content in the database, it just fails saving it to disk later, and I don't see any other error in the logs, so I don't know what's the problem.

Anybody else had this issue? Any help?

Thanks a lot

This is the XOG I try:
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
         <Header version="7.5" action="read" objectType="document" externalSource="NIKU">
             <args name="documentLocation" value="d:\Files"/>
         </Header>
         <DocumentQuery>
             <Filter name="documentPath" criteria="EQUALS">/Root/DMS/KS</Filter>
             <Filter name="documentName" criteria="EQUALS">PRUEBA.TXT</Filter>
         </DocumentQuery>
    </NikuDataBus>

This is what I should get:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_document.xsd">
         <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="document" version="12.1.2.1260"/>
         <Documents>
             <Parent documentLocation="d:\Files" documentPath="/Root/DMS/KS">
                 <Document allowNonParticipants="0"
                     fileCreatedDate="2014-05-14T00:00:00"
                     hasAllParticipants="1" language="en" name="PRUEBA.TXT"
                     numCheckoutDays="1" status="0" versioningEnabled="1">
                     <Version id="5464552" owner="E019842" status="0" versionNumber="1"/>
                 </Document>
             </Parent>
         </Documents>
         <XOGOutput>
             <Object type="document"/>
             <Status state="SUCCESS"/>
             <Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="0"
                 totalNumberOfRecords="1" updatedRecords="0"/>
             <Records/>
         </XOGOutput>
    </NikuDataBus>

This is what I get:
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_document.xsd">
         <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="document" version="13.3.0.286"/>
         <Documents/>
         <XOGOutput>
             <Object type="document"/>
             <Status state="FAILURE"/>
             <Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="0"    totalNumberOfRecords="0" updatedRecords="0"/>
             <Records>
                 <Record>
                     <KeyInformation/>
                     <ErrorInformation>
                         <Severity>FATAL</Severity>
                         <Description>XOG-4001: Failed to export documents.</Description>
                         <Exception>
                             <![CDATA[com.niku.dms.util.DMSException: Unable to save file to file store.
                             at com.niku.dms.util.FileUtil.storeFileContentsInLocation(FileUtil.java:250)
                             at com.niku.dms.service.DocumentXOGService.exportSingleDocument(DocumentXOGService.java:121)
                             at com.niku.dms.xql2.handlers.ExportSingleDocumentHandler.postProcess(ExportSingleDocumentHandler.java:41)
                             at com.niku.xql2.XQLVisitor.postProcess(XQLVisitor.java:1411)
                             at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.postProcess(DOMWalker.java:210)
                             at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:94)
                             at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverse(DOMWalker.java:51)
                             at com.niku.xql2.handlers.LoopHandler.processObject(LoopHandler.java:384)
                             at com.niku.xql2.handlers.LoopHandler.processSet(LoopHandler.java:255)
                             at com.niku.xql2.handlers.LoopHandler.preProcess(LoopHandler.java:212)
                             at com.niku.xql2.XQLVisitor.preProcess(XQLVisitor.java:1377)
                             at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.preProcess(DOMWalker.java:194)
                             at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:74)
                             at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:92)
                             at com.niku.xql2.handlers.TryHandler.preProcess(TryHandler.java:50)
                             at com.niku.xql2.handlers.LoopHandler.processObject(LoopHandler.java:384)
                             at com.niku.xql2.handlers.LoopHandler.processSet(LoopHandler.java:255)
                             at com.niku.xql2.handlers.LoopHandler.preProcess(LoopHandler.java:212)
                             at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverse(DOMWalker.java:36)
                             at com.niku.xog.service.XOGXBLHandler.processXBL(XOGXBLHandler.java:260)
                             at com.niku.xog.service.XOGXBLHandler.process(XOGXBLHandler.java:167)
                             at com.niku.xog.service.ObjectHandler.processRequest(ObjectHandler.java:197)
                             at com.niku.xog.service.ObjectHandler.process(ObjectHandler.java:99)
                             at com.niku.xog.service.XOGDispatch.processMessage(XOGDispatch.java:133)
                             at com.niku.xog.service.XOGSOAPServlet.processMessage(XOGSOAPServlet.java:599)
                             at com.niku.xog.service.XOGSOAPServlet.doPost(XOGSOAPServlet.java:359)
                             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
                             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
                             at com.iberdrola.gaudi.monitor.filter.PerfMonitorFilter.doFilter(PerfMonitorFilter.java:149)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
                             at com.niku.union.web.filter.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:68)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
                             at org.apache.catalina.filters.AddDefaultCharsetFilter.doFilter(AddDefaultCharsetFilter.java:88)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
                             at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
                             at com.niku.union.web.valves.ErrorPageRedirectValve.invoke(ErrorPageRedirectValve.java:70)
                             at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
                             at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
                             at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023)
                             at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
                             at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
                             at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
                             at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
                             at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)]]>
                         </Exception>
                     </ErrorInformation>
                 </Record>
             </Records>
         </XOGOutput>
    </NikuDataBus>

• 2.  RE: Get Documents stored in Database by XOG v13.3
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2014 06:11 AM

I opened a case to CA, they gave me a workaround, and it's working fine now. It seems it's a bug in Clarity 13.3 that makes it to fail if you try to get a document and you don't have the document folder structure beforehand.

You can obtain the folder where you are getting the documents using these queries https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-clarity-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/message/98249258 and you must create the folder for the document you want to get.

In essence, if you are using the xog xml I'm writing, setting the documentLocation argument in the XOG head to 'd:\', and the file version id is 5123789, the folder you must have before using the XOG, should be D:\Files\123\005\

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
        <Header version="7.5" action="read" objectType="document" externalSource="NIKU">
            <args name="documentLocation" value="d:\"/>
        </Header>
        <DocumentQuery>
            <Filter name="documentPath" criteria="EQUALS">/Root/DMS/KS</Filter>
            <Filter name="documentName" criteria="EQUALS">PRUEBA.TXT</Filter>
        </DocumentQuery>
    </NikuDataBus>