DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Introscope Alert Emails

Posted Dec 08, 2010 10:07 AM
    Is there any way to customize alert emails? It would be nice to have the actual alert in the subject instead of just the generic "Introscope Alert Message".

Thanks,
    Richard

• 2.  RE: Introscope Alert Emails
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2010 10:27 AM
    You can create a custom shell action and create your own message to be sent to your SMTP server, or you can contact your pre-sales consultant and get a copy of the Custom Email Action plugin for the EM.

-Hiko

• 3.  RE: Introscope Alert Emails

Posted Dec 08, 2010 10:49 AM
      |   view attached
    You can try this:

Sending Custom eMail Alerts from Introscope

"This zip file contains a PERL script that will parse alert messages and then send customized e-mail messages with the content of the Introscope alert.
    This way, you can send any custom e-mail alert message you would like."

Regards,
    Alexandre Andrade

Attachment(s)

zip
    sendmail_wilyalert.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Introscope Alert Emails

Posted Apr 13, 2011 10:19 AM
    What do you write into "Shell Command" field, if you want to run this perl script. Our EM is running on linux.
    I tried "perl <absolute_path_to_the_script>/SendMail_WilyAlert.pl", but this complaints about "java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory".
    So I'm not so sure where the problem is, becasue I use the right path and I can run it on EM itself too from ssh session.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Introscope Alert Emails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2011 12:08 PM
    If you're using the old method of running a shell action, you'll actually have to create a shell script to call perl.
    this cannot be done from the action.
    The instructions describe how to do this. If you're running 9.x, use the plugin i uploaded in the Document Library.

-Hiko

• 6.  RE: Introscope Alert Emails

Posted Apr 13, 2011 12:49 PM
    Thank you Hiko for all your amazing support of this message board!

Mary
    -_-

• 7.  RE: Introscope Alert Emails

Posted Apr 13, 2011 01:54 PM
    The shell script wrapper resolved it.
    Thanks

• 8.  RE: Introscope Alert Emails

Posted Apr 20, 2011 08:46 AM
    Hi Richard,
    Was your question answered? If so make sure you check the "Mark as Accepted Solution" box.
    Thanks!
    Mary