NitinGupta

Accessing Network drive using URL field

Discussion created by NitinGupta on Dec 17, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2010 by NitinGupta
Hi All,
I am trying to use the URL Attribute to store the network shared drive path. I expect to go to the shared drive path when I hit on Go button besides the URL attribute. This is exactly what is happening when I click on GO in IE but Mozilla and Safari are not taking me to the URL path in URL attribute. Following are some observations for Mozilla:

Clarity URL: https://abc.myclarity.com/ (Lets call it CAdd)
URL Attribute value: //10.10.10.99/ (Lets call it NSDAdd)

1. When URL Field containing NSDAdd is clicked, while using Firefox, a new Firefox window opens up with wrong URL which is CAdd/NSDAdd
2. When URL field containing complete path of website, say www.citibank.com is clicked, while using Firefox, a new Firefox window opens up with correct address and I am taken to citibank site

I am not able to understand why I am seeing two different translations? Is there any particular setting I need to perform in firefox ? I have already unchecked the variables security.fileuri.strict_loaduri and security.checkloaduri in Firefox. Any other configuration required to make it work ?

I am using Firefox 3.6 on Windows XP machine and clarity instance is 12.0.6 with SP6 and Generic patch 9 applied.

Any help in resolving this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Nitin Gupta

Outcomes