Clarity

• 1.  Issue with parameterized lookups

Posted Dec 22, 2010 11:19 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

I have an object having one of the attributes dependent on another. The first one is Static List Lookup and the other one is Parameterized Dynamic Query Lookup accepting the first one as parameter. Everything works just perfectly, except that the dependent attribute's value does not show up in the List View. Please suggest what to do. Attached herewith are further details with screenshots.

Regards,
    Vivek

Attachment(s)

doc
    List View Issue.doc   145 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Issue with parameterized lookups

Posted Dec 22, 2010 11:53 AM
    Parameterized lookups only work on the object CREATE / EDIT views, not the LIST view. :sad

--

Is it possible to re-design your "problem" such that it only needs a single NON-PARAMETERIZED lookup?

You can build filters (drop-downs) WITHIN lookups - so what I am suggesting here is that you are moving the "first (static) lookup" onto the filter section of the "second lookup" rather than having 2 separate attributes on your custom object itself.

You can control the "display value" of the non-parametrised lookup so it says "Pune / Dapori" even though the underlying data has just persisted the value associated with "Dapori"

• 3.  RE: Issue with parameterized lookups

Posted Feb 14, 2013 12:27 PM
    What about Parametrized- Dynamic Query lookups in v13 (13.0.1)?

I have an attribute- lookup string in Project object

in "Project Edit" view, it works fine.
    in "Project List" view. The cell for this field is showed void
    Editing this cell It opens the correct lookup (and the displayed values are right; related to the parametrized field (pruid))
    After chose a value, the value is displayed in the cell
    After click "Save" button, the cell is showed void, but from "Edit" view I can see the value selected previously.

and after some tests, I began receiving error "HTTP 500 Internal server error" when edit cell.

is there any new for ver. 13?
    I couldn't find references to this limitation in official documentation...

Dave wrote:

Parameterized lookups only work on the object CREATE / EDIT views, not the LIST view. :sad

--

Is it possible to re-design your "problem" such that it only needs a single NON-PARAMETERIZED lookup?

You can build filters (drop-downs) WITHIN lookups - so what I am suggesting here is that you are moving the "first (static) lookup" onto the filter section of the "second lookup" rather than having 2 separate attributes on your custom object itself.

You can control the "display value" of the non-parametrised lookup so it says "Pune / Dapori" even though the underlying data has just persisted the value associated with "Dapori"

• 4.  RE: Issue with parameterized lookups

Posted Feb 18, 2013 10:46 PM
    Hi,

Is very strange, but in your query you dont have the reference cmn_lookups_v (lookup type).

I performed this activity before but using the above table and I was able to view the value in list view.

If you repeat your procedure but in this time creating an attribute on project object, you can see the value in project list?

I think that you must provide lookup type (static lookup) as parameter, but I dont see this configuration in your query.

Regards

• 5.  RE: Issue with parameterized lookups

Posted Feb 18, 2013 10:49 PM
    Another thing ....

You tried using DISTINCT in the start of your query?

Regards

• 6.  RE: Issue with parameterized lookups
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2013 10:21 AM
    Vivek,
    you need to add a check whether the parameter is null in the where clause of your query.
    Something like:

WHERE (@param:,,,:yourparamname@ = <static lookup> OR @param:,,,:yourparamname@ is null)

Than's because when the value in the parameter is apssed by the system only in edit mode, so in listview mode is null.
    HTH
    Fabio

• 7.  RE: Issue with parameterized lookups

Posted May 21, 2014 01:25 AM

Thanks Fabio, this did the trick for me, on v13.1 / Oracle. thumbs up added!