AnsweredAssumed Answered

[Q] XOG NEW Project shell, ProjectID is autonumbered though...will it work

Question asked by Keri Taylor on Jan 5, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 by ispa-consulting
I want to create some project shells via XOG but i have autonumber on Project ID. Is the OverrideAutoNumbering available? I did try and the autonumber did generate, but i want to be able to tell it to generate the project id (ie PRJ00123456) instead of just the number.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="C:/Users/taylorkr/Downloads/CANDIC~1/project_write.xsd">
                <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="project" version="7.5.3" 
OverrideAutoNumbering=”false”
/>
                <Projects>
                                <Project active="true" approved="false" billingCurrencyCode="USD" chargeCodeExtID="AV-EXP" clientID="29-92-94" description="TEST XOG1" financialDepartment="AV9294" financialLocation="AVISINC" finish="2011-01-04T00:00:00" managerResourceID="admin" name="TEST XOG1" openForTimeEntry="true" pageLayoutCode="projmgr.projectPageFrame" priority="10" start="2011-01-04T00:00:00" trackMode="2">
                                                <CustomInformation/>
                                                <OBSAssocs>
                                                                <OBSAssoc id="AV Project OBS" name="AV Project OBS" unitPath="/CCRG/AVIS Inc/CCRG IT"/>
                                                </OBSAssocs>
                                </Project>
</Projects>
</NikuDataBus>
Need some help please as i don't know how this would work. Thanks a lot for any insight anyone might have.

Edit: after some more searching... i read something that maxad said in another post:
In Clarity v12 the following has been introduced:

Autonumbering and Custom Attributes The flag overrideAutoNumbering is defined on the XOG header and determines whether source XOG content overrides autonumbering in the target content. The flag is available for the custom attributes of stock and custom objects. The following rules apply:
If the flag is set to TRUE, XOG content from the source is applied to the target. If the flag is set to FALSE, the autonumbering scheme defined on the target is applied. The flag is specified in the XOG export file. By default, OverrideAutoNumbering=TRUE.

so
if OverrideAutoNumbering is TRUE ...your XOG file must supply the value
if OverrideAutoNumbering is FALSE .then the autonumber scheme is applied

In Clarity v8:
for Ideas if you omit the ID from a XOG file a new instance is created with an autonumbered id
For Projects this is not true and you have to supply the ID in the XOG file.

The clarity instance in question that the admin i am trying to get this information for is 7.5.3.

Keri

Outcomes