Clarity

• 1.  TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days?

Posted Jan 11, 2011 12:03 PM
    CA Clarity Tuesday Tip by Shawn Moore, Sr. Principal Support Engineer for 1/4/2011

Bonus Tip for Today:

These are simple and could be expanded, but they provide a simple yet powerful listing of what job or reports have run and the range of time they ran.

MS SQL Server

select name, runs.START_DATE, runs.END_DATE, runs.job_hostname, defs.executable
    from cmn_sch_job_runs runs, cmn_sch_jobs jobs, cmn_sch_job_definitions defs
    where runs.job_id = jobs.id and
    jobs.JOB_DEFINITION_ID = defs.id and
    runs.start_date > getdate() - 3

Oracle

select name, runs.START_DATE, runs.END_DATE, runs.job_hostname, defs.executable
    from cmn_sch_job_runs runs, cmn_sch_jobs jobs, cmn_sch_job_definitions defs
    where runs.job_id = jobs.id and
    jobs.JOB_DEFINITION_ID = defs.id and
    runs.start_date > sysdate - 3

-shawn

• 2.  RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days

Posted Jan 13, 2011 01:37 PM
    Thanks Shawn for the bonus tip this week!

Chris

• 3.  RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days

Posted Jan 13, 2011 02:26 PM
    This is AWESOME!

• 4.  RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days

Posted Jan 13, 2011 02:45 PM
    Thanks,
    you might want to add/modify that a little like
    (SELECT TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'HH24:MI:SS') FROM DUAL) Time_now,
    (SELECT TO_CHAR(cmn_sch_job_runs.start_date,'MM.DD HH24:MI:SS') FROM DUAL) start_date,
    (SELECT TO_CHAR(cmn_sch_job_runs.end_date, 'HH24:MI:SS') FROM DUAL) end_date,
    CASE
    WHEN cmn_sch_job_runs.end_date is null
    THEN TO_CHAR((SYSDATE- cmn_sch_job_runs.start_date)*8*60*60)
    ELSE 'DONE'
    END
    Runtime_now,

cmn_sch_job_runs.total_execution_time/1000 Exec_time_s,
    cmn_sch_job_runs.percent_complete pcnt_compl,
    cmn_sch_job_runs.Status_code,
    concat(concat(cmn_sec_users.last_name,', '),cmn_sec_users.first_name) RUNNER
    from cmn_sch_job_runs, cmn_sch_jobs, cmn_sec_users
    Where cmn_sch_jobs.id = cmn_sch_job_runs.job_id
    and cmn_sch_job_runs.user_id = cmn_sec_users.id

to make it more cleat which jobs are done and which ones are running and for how long or failed and who is getting all the cumulating notifications of completed jobs.

You really need something like that after the OOTB jobs don't give any log entries any more.

Just wondering again...
    When I make that into a portlet I don't see timeslicing while querying directly the db I can see timeslicing while it is running.
    For that purpose time now and the execution time help catching how long it runs.

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days?

Posted Dec 02, 2011 03:52 PM
    Shawn

I keep coming back to this post and I have yet to figure out the answer to my question. I have tried to search the forums, but I don't see what I am seeking.
    Is there a way to tweak your query to pull the last run PORTLETs or most run PORTLETS?

I sure hope you get this, since this is an older post.

Thanks
    Lynn

• 6.  RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days?

Posted Dec 02, 2011 06:39 PM
    Lynn,

The jobs/reports tables won't show this information. And the only way may actually be by accessing the app-access.logs, which in 12.1 is a delimited file. This makes it something that can easily be imported into a spreadsheet, database, ect.

We've imported this data in the past for various diagnostics and metrics and it has been useful. We don't currently have a tool to do this. (but it is in the forefront of our minds.... :wink: )

-shawn

• 7.  RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days?

Posted Aug 23, 2012 09:32 AM
    Hi Shawn,

We had to get a list of portlets being accessed in the last N number of days, along with who ran them in Clarity.

Just wanted to reconfirm: is there any other place other than the app-access.logs?

Thanks,
    Georgy

• 8.  RE: [Tuesday's Tips] RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran O

Posted Aug 23, 2012 11:26 AM
    Georgy,

Yeah, that’s pretty much the way you would do it. There really isn’t any other way.

-shawn

From: CA Clarity Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:32 AM
    To: mb.12877143.98895226@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Tuesday's Tips] RE: TIP: ** Bonus Tip** Query: What Jobs/Reports Ran Over the Last n Days?

Hi Shawn,

We had to get a list of portlets being accessed in the last N number of days, along with who ran them in Clarity.

Just wanted to reconfirm: is there any other place other than the app-access.logs?

Thanks,
    Georgy
    Posted by:Georgy
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.12877143.98895226@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.12877143.98895226@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com