Plex 2E

• 1.  bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Jan 18, 2011 07:52 AM
    Hi,
    When i run my application some pushbuttons don't display the bitmap specified on Bitmap/image file property.
    If i close the panel and then i reopen the same i see the bitmap correctly.
    I have found this problem on plex 6.1 and 5.5.

Can someone help me?
    Thanks
    Michela

• 2.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Jan 21, 2011 03:20 AM
    Hi Michela

At some stage I also had problems with Btmaps on Buttons, it is a bit different from your problem. I could not see the bitmap at all at Design Time but could see it in run time, which made it difficult to get the sizes etc correct for run time.

What I then found is the type of Bitmap was not supported. You get 3 types of bitmaps. A 16 Colour Bitmap, 256 Colour Bitmap and a 24bit Bitmap.

I had to change the bitmap to a 16 Colour bitmap to work everywhere. This is not ideal, as if you save a bitmap to a 16 colour you loose some quality in the image. But our image was a magnifying glass for a search button, so it not make such a big difference.

Hope it helps.

• 3.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Jan 21, 2011 06:19 AM
    Thanks for your help but the problem is not the same.
    I can see the bitmap at design time and it is just a 16 bit bitmap.
    I found the problem just at runtime.
    For example in a panel with 3 push buttons i can see just 1 bitmap and 2 bitmaps are not visible.
    If i close the function and then i open the function again, i see, some times, the pushbutton correctly.

• 4.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Mar 25, 2011 04:57 PM
    Hi,
    Any help for Michela?
    Mary

• 5.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Apr 05, 2011 04:43 PM
    Hi Micaela.

I think this might be a problem related to the drawing sequence of elements on the panel.

Ensure that all elements have distinct Tab Sequence numbers and that the buttons are the last in the sequence. On your panel designer swith to TAB MODE to verify uniqueness.

Hope this helps,

Lucio

PLEX WORLD

• 6.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Apr 08, 2011 05:03 PM
    I have experienced the same problem you are having when we set our NativeControls for PushButton to a value of 0 (Winwidget). Once we changed this setting to use the MFC control (value of 1), we never had the problem again. For some reason, there seems to be a problem with the PushButton Winwidget control that causes (some) bitmaps to no display on some of the buttons.

Roger

• 7.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Apr 12, 2011 04:58 AM
    I have tried this solution and it's ok but i have found some problems with batckground color of bitmaps.
    In .ini file i have defined
    [Buttons]
    UnusedColor=LTGRAY
    This option don't works with MFC control. how can i resolve this problem?

• 8.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Apr 12, 2011 12:10 PM
    There are pro's and con's to each of the MFC and Winwidget controls. We use the Winwidget control for all but the Pushbutton, and we use the MFC control for Pushbutton because we have decided that it is unacceptable if a panel is displayed without any graphics on some of the buttons.

Roger

• 9.  RE: bitmap on pushbutton

Posted Apr 17, 2012 03:30 AM
      |   view attached
    FYI

After some investigation: Plex r6.1 (Build 43.032d) running on Windows7

I can confirm 24bit BMP will work with MFC and Widgets (dont show at design time but will show at runtime) when there is no button text eg GridRefresh button

I can confirm 24bit BMP will work with Widgets (dont show at design time but will show at runtime) when there is button text

I can confirm 24bit BMP will work with MFC (dont show at design time but will show at runtime) with source code and manifest help