JP_Thompson

Project plan from 7.5.3 to CA Clarity PPM 12 process ?

Discussion created by JP_Thompson on Feb 3, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 by Dave
Hi Everyone,

We have recently moved/upgraded from Clarity 7.5.3 to CA Clarity PPM 12.0.2.. In that process, I was able to successfully xog out from 7.5.3 and xog back into 12, the only piece we did not xog were project plans.

The preference to move project plans from 7.5.3 to 12.0.2 was to open them from 7.5.3 into Open Workbench, then clean them up, removing resources, etc., then saving them off-line, then open an instance of Open Workbench for Clarity 12, open the off-line plan, then save back into 12.0.2.

At this time, we have had no issues with anything that has been xogged out and back into 12.0.2, however, we are having major issues with project plans, they appear to be occuring after they are opened from 12.0.2 into Open Workbench, more specifically, when the project managers are trying to save them back into Clarity.

My question is this, is the method that was taken above 'sound' in that even though we didn't initially get errors saving them back into 12.0.2, issues could arise down the road?

My fear is that when they were opened and saved off-line in 7.5.3 open workbench, perhaps some legacy data or file properties were kept with the plans, then when they were brought back into 12, issues started to arise when the legacy data or file properties became incompatible?

This is becoming a major 'High' profile issue and needs to be resolved as soon as possible, we have opened various tickets with CA, but are not really getting anywhere with a resolution. They are looking at various oralce and java settings, making changes, things function normally for a few days, then we start getting errors and various project plan issues again.

Any and all thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated today, I am out of the office tomorrow and we have had some issues already arise this morning.

Outcomes