Clarity

• 1.  XOG-3907: Actuals cannot be imported (when xogging)

Posted Feb 21, 2011 10:22 PM
    Hi All,

I followed the below steps:

1) Created a project and financially enabled it.
    2) Added 2 resources as staff to the project with 100% allocation. Both the resources were financially enabled.
    3) Created a task and assigned the task to both the resources.
    4) Went to the timesheet of one of the resources and submitted the timesheet for the task created in step 3.
    5) Approved the timesheet.
    6) Ran the "Post Timesheets Job". Confirmed that there were no invalid transactions. (New transactions were listed for the project)
    7) Ran the "Post Transactions to Financials " job. It completed successfully.
    8) On the "Post to WIP" screen, searched for the transactions and hit Apply.
    9) Confirmed that I could see the Actuals on the task.

Now I xogged out the project (including the resources, allocations, estimates and actuals).
    In the XML, changed the projectID and xogged in the XML.

The project got created successfully, but I got the warning "XOG-3907: Actuals cannot be imported on tracked resources in tracked project" in the output XML. I found that the ETC on the task/assignment was reduced but the actuals did not go in.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any pointers/tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    Akhil

• 2.  RE: XOG-3907: Actuals cannot be imported (when xogging)
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 22, 2011 08:10 AM
    In your "new" project (i.e. in the XML) can you change the trackmode to "Other" or "None" rather than "Clarity", then try the XOG.

That error sounds reasonable; it is complaining that you are trying to set Actuals through XOG for a project which you have defined as tracking Actuals through Clarity (timesheets).

Once the project has XOGged in OK you can set the trackmode back to "Clarity" in the application (or through another basic XOG (without the Resource/Actuals data) if you need to)

?

• 3.  RE: XOG-3907: Actuals cannot be imported (when xogging)

Posted Feb 22, 2011 05:38 PM
    Great, thanks Dave. Removing the track mode and xogging in worked.

- Akhil