Clarity

• 1.  Risk Questions- Detailed Risk

Posted Mar 01, 2011 02:56 PM
    Hi Everyone,

1. We are currently testing Risk functionality and I have some questions based on the the pilot tester's feedback,

2. Notes Tab of a Risk, can this be added to Risk List as opposed to this being on a separate Tab, or at least have the latest note display.

3. Security- A Project manager who creates a risk and would like to associate an owner to the risk can only see resources he/she has access to (True or False) I am trying to test this and it seems if you have Timesheet rights over the resource you can select this resource as the owner of the risk

4. Can you associate a risk to another risk in a different project?

5. Programs, can I create a risk at the program level and associate a risk to the one of the Subprojects in the Program?

Any help I can get would be great

Thanks
    Tammi

• 2.  RE: Risk Questions- Detailed Risk
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 01, 2011 03:03 PM
    1. Thats nice.

2. No I don't think so.

3. Yes the PM can only make teh owner association to another resource that they can "see". There are many was that a user can get to "see" another resource, one of which is Timesheet rights, but there are others (not least of is the explicit Resource-View right - you might just want to grant that right to all your PMs)

4. You can create a custom lookup to associate a risk with another project - not sure there is an out-of-the-box euivalent to this.

5. Ditto

But the risk ALWAYS belongs to the original project (or program) - you can't ever "move" it from one project to another project (unless you build a customisation to do this).

Also if you build a custom lookup (etc), none of the out-of-the-box reporting is going to use that lookup, so you might end up having to build your own (or at least extend the out-of-th-box) Risk reporting portlets etc.

• 3.  RE: Risk Questions- Detailed Risk

Posted Mar 01, 2011 03:23 PM
    Thanks Dave!