ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  ESP Wokrstation v5.5 build 52 and Citrix?

Posted Mar 04, 2011 11:08 AM
    Is this installable on Citrix? If so, any unforeseen problems I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: ESP Wokrstation v5.5 build 52 and Citrix?

Posted Mar 04, 2011 11:11 AM
    We have installed our ESP Client in Citrix for our users. The only issue we have found is that in our enviornment we have several production Citrix Servers. So sometimes the user's profile is missing.

Also, if the load it high on that particular Citrix server - it can slow down the user in the ESP client.

Overall - it does work.

Depending on your Citrix Setup up - you may or may not experience these issues.

Lizette

• 3.  RE: ESP Wokrstation v5.5 build 52 and Citrix?

Posted Mar 04, 2011 11:17 AM
    Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I'll post my experiences.

• 4.  RE: ESP Wokrstation v5.5 build 52 and Citrix?

Posted Mar 04, 2011 12:17 PM
    We have Workstation installed in Citrix and it works well for us. We have a number of Linux users that can only use Workstation through Citrix.

Keep in mind that Workstation through Citrix is not supported by CA.

Since the STARTUP.TXT is stored on the Citrix server, you cannot modify the State colors.

We store the user profiles on our H:\ drive, which will follow the user around where ever they go. Our Citrix admin set this up as follows:

The Citrix profiles need the registry key modified to store it in H:\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cybermation\ESPWS

ESP User Profile Directory

Set to H:\

• 5.  RE: ESP Wokrstation v5.5 build 52 and Citrix?

Posted Jul 31, 2011 05:10 PM
    One Addendum. We did this but had some issues. It turned out that each individual Citrix Server Registry entries had to be modified with the correct path for the profile. We had attempted to create a script around the invokation of the Client to redirect the folder. This did not work. Once we removed the redirection from the invokation on Citrix, and just manually modified the Registry on each citrix server, it began to work correctly.

So our lesson was not to modifiy the registry keys dynamically. Do it physically on the Citrix Server.

Otherwise, it works fine. All of my users are happier with the profiles being maintained on their H drive (HomeDir)

Lizette

• 6.  RE: ESP Wokrstation v5.5 build 52 and Citrix?

Posted Aug 01, 2011 01:21 PM
    Thanks for that tip. I will share that with our Citrix Admin.

Paul