Clarity

• 1.  To create a Time Scale Value when the source is a NSQL?

Posted Mar 15, 2011 01:56 PM
    Hello,
    I'm trying to create a timescale value(virtual field) in a portlet where my source is NSQL and i have project name, Actuals, Slicedate. I need a time scale on actuals for 12 months.

I created this when my source was investment object and it worked but when i tried to create for a NSQL portlet it doesn't give me an option at all. Am'I missing something here. It only ask me to choose progess bar when i try to create a virtual column.

Please let me know

>

Resource
    Prj Name
    Actual

abc
    prj_ab Jan 11
    Feb 11
    Mar 11
    Apr 11

• 2.  RE: To create a Time Scale Value when the source is a NSQL?

Posted Mar 15, 2011 02:14 PM
    Don't think you can do that in quite the same way with NSQL that you do with an object-provider. Object providers are "special" and you can do "special" things with them that you can't code in NSQL (like updating the underlying data for example).

You can build a 2 (or more) dimensional portlet in NSQL (the second dimension being the time-element) and thus build a grid portlet with a variable time-component - whether this would satisfies your business requirement I have no idea - (but this can definitely produce output like in your example).

• 3.  RE: To create a Time Scale Value when the source is a NSQL?

Posted Mar 15, 2011 02:20 PM
    I created a 2D portlet before but unlike in object time scale value you can scroll back and forth the timescale where as for 2D portlet you cannot do back and forth except select start and end date to be in that year.

Thanks again for your quick response. I really appreciate it Dave!