Clarity

• 1.  Ideas_investments - status?

Posted Mar 17, 2011 01:47 PM
    Hello,
    I see a status which shows whether the Ideas is (Approved, Unapproved, converted,rejected etc).

Where can i find that in the table(which table and the join to INV_IDEAS)? I checked in the INV_IDEAS but i don't see status. Can you please let me know if anyone has an idea on it.

Thank you
    RK

• 2.  RE: Ideas_investments - status?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 17, 2011 01:56 PM
    If you go into the ADMIN tool, go to Studio - Objects and look at the IDEA object....

Look at the attributes of the object and search for the "Status" attribute; you should see the 'Database Table' and 'Database Column' values.

That should always be your first step in tracking down any Clarity field. (Although this isn't always the end of the story! :grin: for example you might start having to look at the attribute lookups to make any sense of the data in the underlying database field)

In this case it is just the INV_INVESTMENTS.STATUS field (using the Investment Object State lookup)

And you can look in the technical reference guide to be sure of how the tables join to each other (if its not obvious); in this case I think its just INV_IDEAS.ID = INV_INVESTMENTS.ID

• 3.  RE: Ideas_investments - status?

Posted Mar 17, 2011 02:00 PM
    This is the first place where I look and it always helps me, and also use the technical reference guide to help you with joins.

• 4.  RE: Ideas_investments - status?

Posted Mar 17, 2011 02:52 PM
    You guys are Awesome!!!!! @Dave and Tammi

I checked the IDEA object and realized i can get everything from the object to create a portlet except few minor issues and adjustments rather then creating an NSQL froms scratch and doing it. Thank you for your suggestions and tips.

I'm not a clarity developer but a SQL developer who was asked to create few clarity reports. It's because of all you guys i could atleast able to create few reports to begin.

Thanks Again
    RK

• 5.  RE: Ideas_investments - status?

Posted Mar 17, 2011 03:42 PM
    One of the difference between using an object and NSQL query as the data provider for a portlet is performance.
    Eg with project you would get everything in the ER diagram which is simple even if you only need half a dozen fields in inv_investments table.
    That can make a difference from minutes to a fraction of a second in a customized v12 environment where there is a bug in the security check up queries in the project list.

Martti K.