AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rate Matrix Issues

Question asked by timma.l.wilson on Mar 23, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2011 by timma.l.wilson
We have only dealt with US sites and projects up to now. We want to add projects for a facility in Scotland. To make things easier, we plan to show their costs in US Dollars so we don't have to mess with Multi-Currency. We use a flat rate for all labor resources. Scotland will have different rates than US. Do I build a cost matrix just for Scotland or do I add lines to our current Rate Matrix for the Scotland resources?

I've tried it both ways. When I created a separate rate matrix, I tied the matrix to the Scotland location. I then created a test project and pointed to the scotland matrix on the financial properties page. I ran the rate matrix extraction job, and when I tried to create a cost plan, I got a message stating that one or more of my resources had no rate.

When that didn't work as anticipated, I scrapped the Scotland rate matrix, and added lines to the current rate matrix. I indicated that the rate was to be used for the Scotland location and Scotland Resource. When I created the cost plan, it ignored the Scotland rate and used the US rate.

What the heck am I doing wrong??

Outcomes