AnsweredAssumed Answered

Date Difference in Process Conditions

Question asked by nriordan on Mar 29, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 by Rishiraj
I am looking to send notifications to project managers based on the number of days before or after the project finish date.

I tried to setup this in a process but I am not able to calculate the date difference in the conditions.

A basic structure of what I am looking to do is:

For each project
if the number of days from today and the project finish date is within a certain range
send notification to project manager to do something

An example is we survey the business office users and leadership 6 months after project completion to determine their satisfaction with the delivered product from project:
When the survey needs to be done:
For each project that is in OBS A and progress = complete and post survey = no
if (SYSDATE - INV_INVESTMENTS.SCHEDULE_FINISH) >= 182.0 AND (SYSDATE - INV_INVESTMENTS.SCHEDULE_FINISH) < 183.0
send notification to PMO to execute survey for project

The survey is now overdue:
For each project that is in OBS A and progress = complete and post survey = no
if (SYSDATE - INV_INVESTMENTS.SCHEDULE_FINISH) >= 232.0 AND (SYSDATE - INV_INVESTMENTS.SCHEDULE_FINISH) < 233.0
send notification to PMO the survey for the project is overdue

I can set the conditions for the items in the first line as they are fields that exist. The conditions in the 'if' line are not possible to set within a process step as if involves a calculation that I am aware of.

It would be preferred to have this setup as a process that runs daily and sends out notifications for any projects that meet the criteria rather than to create a process that is waiting on a response for each project.

Outcomes