Clarity

• 1.  CUSTOM OBJECT PERMISSIONS

Posted Apr 15, 2011 07:31 AM
    ******PLEASE REPLYSOON***************

Please Help me out regarding assaigning the Permissions to user in clarity ppm.

i have created a 4 custom objects.
    i could not find these custom objects on user page,even after granting the particular resource permmissions.

so i have built a 4 portlets in which the 4 custom objects has been linked.
    then i have created a portlet page in which these 4 portlets are added.
    The main functionality of this portlet is to enter the data by the user ,so that data will be store in the dB.
    i have added new and delete buttons to the portlet through action Layout menu available in the
    portlet .

now i need to provide permissions to the user to enter the data through this page.

i have added permissions as below:

Added portlet view and edit permissions to this user.
    Added page view and edit permissions to this user.
    Added all the four objects view and edit permissions to this user.
    Added object adminster permission to this user.

Inspite of adding all the permissions to the user

user is able to view the portlet/page.
    but not able to edit the data.
    The "new" and "delete" Buttons viewed on my page are not displayed on the user page.

As the new and delete Buttons are not displayed on the user page ,the user cannot input the data

Please help me out in this regard.
    Thanks in Advance..

• 2.  RE: CUSTOM OBJECT PERMISSIONS

Posted Apr 15, 2011 07:44 AM

Ramu_Gajam wrote:

i have created a 4 custom objects.
    i could not find these custom objects on user page,even after granting the particular resource permmissions..
    Your new object should "automatically" cause a stock list / create / edit screen to appear in the application (which provides all the functionality you are trying to "build" into your portlets)

So you should try to solve that problem and not any problem with your "portlets".

So when you say "even after granting the particular resource permmissions" what do you mean by that? (You are correct that resource will need to be granted rights to the new objects in order to see the "automatically created" screens)

• 3.  RE: CUSTOM OBJECT PERMISSIONS

Posted Dec 03, 2012 06:50 AM
    Hi!

I am experiencing a similar issues, I have been working with clarity ondemand 12.*/13.0 for 6 month and I was able to create custom objects see them on the menu (as administrators) and the other admins as well were able to access the list object in the "setup" menu.
    Friday last week, I added a custom object using the same partition same permission I usually use with other object and the result is that I can access the object only with my account. I cannot access the object with other users. Such issue also affects the scripts executiotion since I need to use my credentials in order to write on this custom obejct.
    Is there antybody who can help fixing this problem?

thanks
    giacomo

• 4.  RE: CUSTOM OBJECT PERMISSIONS
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 03, 2012 06:57 AM
    I vaguely recall a discussion about a BUG with custom objects and partitions in V13 ??

(I've had search and I can't find the thread I was thinking of... perhaps you'd get a better response out of CA Support?)