Clarity

• 1.  [Q] Help with GEL/Process, save as text tab delimited file.. then Email

Posted May 02, 2011 08:30 AM
    I finally got this running ... however... I have two issues

1. it's putting a comma at the end of each row... how do i remove that?
    >
    CLTCR,33634,04112011,CH.40000157.SC01,4.00,
    CLTCR,33634,04122011,CH.40000157.SC01,4.00,
    CLTCR,33634,04132011,CH.40000157.SC01,4.00,
    CLTCR,33634,04142011,CH.40000157.SC01,4.00,
    CLTCR,33634,04152011,CH.40000157.SC01,4.00,
    CLTCR,33634,04112011,CH.40000292.SC01,4.00,
    CLTCR,33634,04122011,CH.40000292.SC01,4.00,
    CLTCR,33634,04132011,CH.40000292.SC01,4.00,

here is some of the code i am using: I had to put another column of the return char because it would not break on the next row... don't know if that is correct but it's getting me the results i need just the comma at the end of each row.. ^^^^
    >

<file:writeFile delimiter="," embedded="false" fileName="${filePath}\${fileName}">

<core:forEach trim="true" items="${results.rowsByIndex}" var="row">

<core:forEach var="field" items="${results.columnNames}" indexVar="i" step="5">

<file:line>

<file:column value="${row}" />

<file:column value="${row[i+1]}" />

<file:column value="${row[i+2]}" />

<file:column value="${row[i+3]}" />

<file:column value="${row[i+4]}" />

<file:column value="&#13;" />

</file:line>

</core:forEach>

</core:forEach>

</file:writeFile>

2. i am getting an error when putting in a process...I am using jelly instead of GEL tags. The issue is when i "hard code" the attachement details, it works and sends the email... but when i take from parameters the same details (${filePath}${fileName} it gives the error below.

>
    BPM-0704: An error occurred while executing custom script: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: null:112:22: <mail:email> Property 'attach' has no write method at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.handleException(TagScript.java:671) at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:259) at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95) at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186) at com.niku.union.gel.tags.ScriptTag.doTag(ScriptTag.java:20) at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:247) at com.niku.union.gel.GELScript.run(GELScript.java:80) at com.niku.union.gel.GELController.invoke(GELController.java:20) at com.niku.bpm.services.ExecuteCustomAction.run(ExecuteCustomAction.java:180) at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:727) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property 'attach' has no write method at org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertingWrapDynaBean.set(ConvertingWrapDynaBean.java:71) at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:243) ... 9 more Root cause java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property 'attach' has no write method at org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertingWrapDynaBean.set(ConvertingWrapDynaBean.java:71) at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:243) at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95) at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186) at com.niku.union.gel.tags.ScriptTag.doTag(ScriptTag.java:20) at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:247) at com.niku.union.gel.GELScript.run(GELScript.java:80) at com.niku.union.gel.GELController.invoke(GELController.java:20) at com.niku.bpm.services.ExecuteCustomAction.run(ExecuteCustomAction.java:180) at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:727) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

some of the code:
    >

xmlns:mail="jelly:email"

<gel:parameter default="\\orlcldev\niku\Clarity\filestore" var="filePath"/>

<gel:formatDate format="yyyy-MM-ddHH-mm" stringVar="rundate"/>

<gel:parameter default="${rundate}TimeData.txt" var="fileName"/>

<mail:email

from="clarity.helpdesk@fiserv.com"

to="keri.taylor@fiserv.com"

CC="pat.fitzgerald@fiserv.com"

subject="Simple email"

attach="${filePath}\${fileName}"

server="10.1.2.67">

Hi,

This is the timedata file: ${fileName}.

</mail:email>

any help would be appreciated.

Keri

• 2.  RE: [Q] Help with GEL/Process, save as text tab delimited file.. then Email

Posted May 10, 2011 07:28 PM
    Hi All,

Any further ideas here for Keri?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: [Q] Help with GEL/Process, save as text tab delimited file.. then Email
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2011 11:41 AM
    Can't immediately help with the attachment issues (#2) - that looks odd, but for the comma issue (#1) I reckon the problem is that you have specified the file delimiter as a comma then used code like this;
    <file:column value="${row[i+4]}" />
    <file:column value="&#13;" /> 
    Which is actually saying "here is my last column, its content is "&#13;" and since its a column, it has helpfully put the delimiter in there for you.

So try changing those two lines above to the single line;
    <file:column value="${row[i+4]}&#13;" />
    (i.e. don't add in a new column (containing nothing), but throw the newline at the end of the previous column)

• 4.  RE: [Q] Help with GEL/Process, save as text tab delimited file.. then Email

Posted May 11, 2011 03:48 PM
    Yup,. that was it Dave!! thanks so much!! :grin:

I now have a Clarity process that gathers data from the DB, creates a flat file then it can either email the file or send it to FPT server.

Keri