Clarity

• 1.  Submit and Approve Cost Plan Automation

Posted May 09, 2011 02:18 PM
    Does anyone have any ideas on how the submittal and approval of a cost plan could be automated? I am manually creating the cost plan via gel within a process but am not sure how to submit the plan then approve it.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

• 2.  RE: Submit and Approve Cost Plan Automation

Posted May 13, 2011 05:15 PM
    Hi All,

Any ideas here for Mike?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Submit and Approve Cost Plan Automation

Posted May 14, 2011 01:53 PM
    Hi Mike.
    I **believe** enhanced ability to automate cost plans via processes is a V13 feature. Does anyone else recall this?

I'm not saying it can't be done today, I simply have no experience with it, and if my above recollection is correct, there's probably a reason CA's working to put the easy button on this.

• 4.  RE: Submit and Approve Cost Plan Automation

Posted May 19, 2011 07:41 AM
    That would be good Rob if it came in 13. After looking at the very large SQL Trace from a submit and approve their is a lot going on to accomplish these button clicks.

• 5.  RE: Submit and Approve Cost Plan Automation

Posted May 19, 2011 09:05 PM
    Likely :)

CLRT-14364
    "Allow Process Definitions to be created for 'Cost Plan', 'Cost Plan Details', 'Benefit Plan', 'Benefit Plan Details', 'Budget Plan' and 'Budget Plan Details' Objects"

Marked as resolved on next major release ( after r12), no specific release number yet

• 6.  RE: Submit and Approve Cost Plan Automation

Posted May 24, 2011 05:20 PM
    Thanks Connie.

Hang tight Mike - don't build any Frankensteins you'll regret! Good stuff is coming soon.