Clarity

• 1.  Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Jun 02, 2011 03:06 PM
    Hi,
    On resource allocations report, when we go and change the time scale value to weekly the week starts with Monday. But in our company we use Saturday -Friday. Is thier a way we can go and change it to show the time scale value to start with Saturday?

Please let me know. I really aprreciate that.

Thank you
    RK

• 2.  RE: Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Jun 03, 2011 04:04 AM
    Hi,
    Under project management module-> Settings-->First Day of Work Week--> select the day you want to make as first day.

make sure the slice curve is configured properly, if it is not you will get error on the page of you are tring to see the vale beyond the period defined in curves

• 3.  RE: Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Jun 03, 2011 08:53 AM
    I went and checked it and it showed Saturday only. I don't think that setting is showed on the Resource allocation report. Resource alloc report weekly time scale value starts from Monday and i wanted it to be Saturday. Any other setting i need to change?

Thank you
    RK

• 4.  RE: Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Jun 03, 2011 09:59 AM
    RK,

Hope it will not be possible as the week start and finish date will be taken from datamart (NBI_DIM_CALENDAR_TIME) as Monday and ends on sunday.
    Pls have an look at the below post .i have not checked in 12.1.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Kathyrn Reply--->

There is no impact to changing the Time Reporting Periods for the 'Datamart Extraction' job. This job creates weekly time periods that are ISO standard weeks and are not affected by any definition of 'Timesheet Reporting Periods' nor by any definition of 'Fiscal Time Periods'.
    The Clarity application is using the ISO standard for a global date format where a week always starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday.

For more information regarding this topic, look for the following Knowledge Document on the CA Technical Support Website:

TEC439152 - Why does the Datamart Calendar table set up the weekly periods to start on Mondays?
    https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC439152

Message Edited by Kathryn_Ellis on 06-03-2008 07:32 AM
    ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

cheers,
    sundar

• 5.  RE: Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Jun 03, 2011 10:09 AM
    Sundar,
    So it seems we cannot change the time scale value for weekly periods to start from Saturday instead of Monday? Because the clarity uses ISO standards? Please let me know.

Thank you
    RK

• 6.  RE: Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Jun 03, 2011 10:31 AM
    Hi,

Yes.It is considering ISO standards,

I have tested the below in 12.0.6.

In weekly detail portlet the weekly TSV attribute column i have choose an particular date as June 1st which is Wednesday and choose the no of periods as 5 and saved it.Logically it should start with June 4th which is Saturday (i have set the start of the day in Saturday in admin-->project management settings) but it started showing from 30th may which is an Monday.Time period is created weekly and it starts from 1st June and ends on 3rd June.

cheers,
    sundar

• 7.  RE: Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Jun 03, 2011 10:46 AM
    Sundar,
    I tried that going to TSV attribute and changing the specific date but it still showed Monday. I just want to confirm with clarity support also.

Thank Agains for your clarification.

RK

• 8.  Re: RE: Weekly Dates on time scale value?

Posted Oct 03, 2015 03:46 AM

New link is below -

TEC435578 - Why does the Datamart Calendar table set up the weekly periods to start on Mondays?

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec435578.aspx

NJ