Clarity

• 1.  "Shift" functionality in Calendars

Posted Jun 03, 2011 09:00 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi all.
    For a major application go-live we'll be staffing a command center that'll operate around the clock. To help ensure we understand the resource impact, identify gaps and can communicate to leadership (helping maintain a good work/life balance for the team) we're building the plan out in Clarity.

I've never used Clarity's Set Shift functionality in Resource Calendars. Jumping in the help didn't tell me much. Has anyone used this and can shed some light on how this has brought you value? I just want to make sure I'm not leaving a good feature on the table while building this schedule.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: "Shift" functionality in Calendars
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 03, 2011 11:01 AM
    That is the only place to set the resource availability which is the total hours in the shifts.
    That is also how you define the working hours for calendars for resources not working full time.
    The applications allows to set it also on the resource properties for those who are asking for trouble.
    Otherwise I am not sure if that will have effect on how your events like meetings can be scheduled on resource personal calendar or whether that comes only from the time zone.
    I am not sure whether the resource and the project having different shifts would make a resource unavailable for the project, but the dates for tasks and assignments do have time included.

There can be one or several shifts in a day. Not that much difference.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: "Shift" functionality in Calendars

Posted Jun 06, 2011 07:52 AM
    I'm not looking for trouble - so I think I'll walk away from this one for now.

Thanks Martti!