Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Resources updating the Task % Complete

• 1.  Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 06, 2011 07:19 PM
    Hi,

Guys is there anyway in Clarity that someone was able to allow the assigned resource to update his task, from the organizer or anyway.
    It's important for us as some resources shouldn't see all the project plan, but they are only asked to update the % Complete for their tasks only.

Isnt' strange that, we have the % Complete field in the Tasks tab under organizer, but it doesn't mean anything in the Schedule

If anybody found a way to fix that, please help

Thanks all

• 2.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 13, 2011 09:43 AM
    Hi All,

Anyone have any ideas here for this one?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 14, 2011 05:49 AM
    You can provide the users with "Project - Edit - Assigned Task" access right (even a global right should do). This way, they will be able to edit the % Complete field for the task assigned to them.

NJ

• 4.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 14, 2011 11:07 PM
    Hi NJ, thanks for your reply,

This is actually what we need, but for some reason, we see the users updates on the plan from Clarity>>Tasks>>Work Breakdown Structure" but once we open this with MS Project, I see older information,
    It doesn't take the update from Clarity, only those who was modified from MS Project by the Project Manager.

Is there anybody else facing this bug?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 14, 2011 11:12 PM
    Can you clear the caches or restart the server and try?
    Are you using load balancer for your clarity instance?

• 6.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 15, 2011 12:40 AM
    No Load balancer .

and by deleting cahces you mean all files under

E:\niku\clarity\.cache ?

Also the other part of the problem that even if I updated from Clarity, it doesn't calculate for the summary task, even before opening MS Project

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 15, 2011 12:54 AM
    You can change the url to
    app?action=security.caches
    and flush all to clear the caches.

• 8.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Jun 15, 2011 05:29 AM
    No actually, I did that, but still, no updates in MS Project, and this is not for all tasks, some tasks they do some they don't :-(

• 9.  RE: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted May 16, 2012 02:02 PM
    If the resource was given project edit rights by the PM of record for the project that is one way.

Check the resource's access rights to make sure they do not have an admin access level.

• 10.  Re: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Feb 10, 2015 09:40 AM

Hi guys, I'm having, 3 years later, the same issue and even as a System Admin, I can't update the "% Complete" of the tasks I am assigned to in the Organizer, with CAPPM v13.3... I wonder if simply adding the "Project - Edit - Assigned Task" right is really the solution, since I myself can not edit this field even if I have all the system rights...

Thanks,

• 11.  Re: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Feb 10, 2015 10:16 AM

Can you check if the "% complete calculation method" is set to "Manual" ?

Please check this -

https://communities.ca.com/message/101740681#101740681

NJ

• 12.  Re: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Feb 10, 2015 10:22 AM

Hi Navzjoshi, yes it is ! But can this have anything to do with the fact that the tasks I am assigned to are "Key tasks"? Because I can't update the % Complete field from the "Organizer" tasks summary...

Thanks,

• 13.  Re: Resources updating the Task % Complete

Posted Feb 10, 2015 10:45 AM

Don't think so

I guess, you will have to access the task properties and then make the change manually, and that from the Organizer, you would not be able to do that

NJ