Clarity

• 1.  Removing Other Work or Applications from a Timesheet

Posted Jun 23, 2011 06:04 AM
    Hello

can anyone tell me how to remove a particula5r Investment in 'Other Work' or an 'Application' from a resource timesheet view for future timesheets when that resource has got 'Actuals' against the item.

e.g. Let's say I created an Other Work Investment called Support and assigned 4 resources to it.
    In Week 1 resource A commits actual time against the Investment
    In week 6 I decide that I don't want it to appear on resource A's timesheet anymore for weeks 7 and onwards

How do I do this

I have tried changing the progress to 'Complete' and also changing the schedule date to be in the past but it still appears when they choose Add Other Time.
    I cannot remove them from the Investment because they have 'Actuals' recorded.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Removing Other Work or Applications from a Timesheet

Posted Jun 23, 2011 06:24 AM
    I have realised I can remove this from all resources by using the 'Time Entry' Flag under schedule but wondered if it was possible to remove it for just one resource given they have 'Actuals' recorded historically against it?

• 3.  RE: Removing Other Work or Applications from a Timesheet

Posted Jun 23, 2011 06:38 AM
    The "Open for Time Entry" at TEAM level will allow you to stop a specific resource from booking time against a project and does not affect any historical time entries.

("Open for Time Entry" you can define in the system at various places, for the resource, for the project, for the resource on a specific project (TEAM), for a task within a project, or for a hierarchy of tasks within a project)

• 4.  RE: Removing Other Work or Applications from a Timesheet

Posted Jun 24, 2011 06:32 AM
    Guys,

Just want to share with you the bug associated with the above subject.

Clarity v12.0.6-->
    we are using Idea and wanted to restrict the users enter time against Idea.For few ideas the open for time entry at investment level is open and then for resource level in Idea-->team tab also checked.
    We found that the resources who are added in Idea Team Tab the Add other time is available in respective resource Time sheets.Then we went and unchecked the Open for Time entry at Idea level and also at resource team level
    but still found the Add other time button is coming in timesheets but it should not be the case.If the resource clicks the button it is throwing an system error.i have checked the Clarity KB and found an existing bug.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Tech Document
    Title: Other work investments are still present under "Add Other Time" list even when flag on the [Staff Member Properties] page is unchecked.

Description:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Create an "Other Work" instance.(for example "Jury Pay").
    2. Open [Other Work]
    3. Select "Jury Pay" / Team: Staff
    4. Then select Properties symbol - left of investigated resource Resource column
    5. On the page [Staff Member Properties] uncheck <Open for Time Entry> flag
    6. Then do Save > Submit
    7. Open {Timesheet} page for investigated resource
    8. Select "Add Other Time" button
    9. Under [Investment] tab you will see the other work instance (i.e. "Jury Pay") is present.

Expected Result:
    Expected behavior is that other work instances that are not open for <Open for Time Entry> won't show in the "Add Other Time" list.

Actual Result:
    Task items / work investments still present under "Add Other Time" list.

Solution:

Workaround: None identified.

Solution: This has been documented as CLRT-22429. If you are experiencing this problem please contact Clarity Technical Support.

cheers,
    sundar