Clarity

• 1.  Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manager

Posted Jul 11, 2011 01:28 PM
    hi All,

As there is know product defect in Clarity" If a user who is having the creator license for Application Auto manager and Idea Auto manager as instance type rights and all the investments related to idea and application are no longer available in System where the user were acting as Project manager then still it is not releasing the license count as well as intsnace auto manager right will not remove from Clarity Resource->Istance access Grants."

CA Says, it's know bug and try to remove the user name before mark for deletion to that investment but in case of no to that for your older data, I have tried to run a sql to find out all the instances for aspecific resource where investment are no longer in sytem and then ran a delete statement for a specific table for these select statement record but it not working....I am doing this with CMN_SEC_ASSGND_OBJ_PERM

Is there any way to take care of the system just to keep the control of Creator license usuage.

Regards,
    Shalinee Chauhan

• 2.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 14, 2011 02:58 PM
    Hi All,

Any suggestions for Shalinee?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 14, 2011 10:16 PM
    It is curious that "there is know product defect in ClarityIf a user who is having the creator license...."
    for over the years it has been no problem having unspecified rights outside the normal rights administration and while working as designed causing all kinds on oddities and not as desired behaviour.
    Some of these rights are
    - auto rights
    - collaboration rights
    - scheduled report view rights
    - job run notifications

There are not real options to remove these other than the reverse order of creating them.

There is one improvement:
    The license information portlets and specificly the portlet that displays all the rights of a user really does display all the rights even to objects that no longer exists.

Regarding
    CMN_SEC_ASSGND_OBJ_PERM
    you might want to follow the discussion in LinkedIn group Clarity User Society (1000+) thread How do you manage data growth in your Clarity system?
    Currently the topic of the discussion is that table.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 15, 2011 10:08 AM
    Thanks Martti,

I will look on that Linked In group....

Still, It is known issue, I f I want to save my Creator license where the users are listed under the Creator License while they are not using Project Manager Auto Rights any more. As due to defect, It is not removing the instance the Project Manager rights, if the previouly created investments are no longer in system for those users.

I am looking on that table just to save few creator license for those else moveing forward, we can change the PM name before deleting the instancement just to avoid this limitation.

Regards,
    Shalinee Chauhan

• 5.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 15, 2011 04:09 PM
    shalinee,

you can use the below query to eliminate the users with auto rights.Hope these are old ideas / projects and users are really not using the Idea mgr Auto rights.

Even though you remove the Manager Auto rights for deleted ideas but if he is still an PM for an active Idea he will come in the License Portlet.Then no "save" in license.

Important:- Pls test the below in our test environment.

Clarity version:- 12.0.6
    DB:- Oracle

As given in your example i have taken Idea Manager (Auto) rights.

-->Query to check the Auto rights for Idea and Application

select id from CMN_SEC_GROUPS where GROUP_CODE like '%Auto%'
    and group_code in ('IdeaManagerAuto','ApplicationManagerAuto')

-->i will consider only Idea
    select * from INV_IDEAs where id =5714230

-->Just check the count

select count(1) from CMN_SEC_ASSGND_OBJ_PERM where right_id=(pass the first sql output) and object_instance_id =(pass the idea id)
    and principal_id in (select id from cmn_sec_users where user_name = 'user name')

-->query to removing Idea auto rights permission in this table and also in license information.Here i have taken for Idea alone.Pls pass the right_id which you got the output in the first sql and the user_name.

delete from CMN_SEC_ASSGND_OBJ_PERM where right_id=(pass the first sql output) and object_instance_id =(pass the idea id) and principal_id
    in (select id from cmn_sec_users where user_name = 'user name');

commit;

-->Now the count should be zero
    select count(1) from CMN_SEC_ASSGND_OBJ_PERM where right_id=(pass the first sql output) and object_instance_id =(pass the idea id)
    and principal_id in (select id from cmn_sec_users where user_name = 'user name')

Now go and check in the license portlet for that user the Idea - Manager Auto rights will be gone.

regards,
    sundar

• 6.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 15, 2011 01:52 PM
    Thanks Sundar.. It really helps us.

Regards,
    Shalinee Chauhan

• 7.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 16, 2011 02:14 AM
    If you go directly the to the database you might want to get approval from CA.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 18, 2011 07:57 AM
    Yes Martti...
    I am in touch with CA support for this issue and they have also suggested to delete the entries from table for my specific set of resources.

Regards,
    Shalinee Chauhan

• 9.  RE: Alternate for removing the Application Auto Manager and Idea Auto Manag

Posted Jul 18, 2011 08:20 AM
    I have not personal experience of such approval so I am always surprised to hear of such and never the less always remind of the need.

Martti K.