mphelan

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR on FlushAllCaches WS call

Discussion created by mphelan on Jul 13, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2012 by ddeneer
I am working to create a client program for the Clarity Web Service which invokes FlushAllCaches, the functionality normally found under http://<server>:8086/niku/app?action=security.caches

I'm using SoapUI to create the client code. When setting up the project in SoapUI, I provide a link to the WSDL, at http://<server>:8086/niku/wsdl

SoapUI is able to consume the WSDL, and create tempates for the FlushAllCaches, Login and Logout web services. I am able to invoke the Login web service, and receive back a session ID.

However, when I attempt to invoke the FlushAllCaches service, I receive back an error, org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR. I have attempted to manipulate the request document so as to eliminate the problem character, but I have not yet had success in doing so. I believe the problem is related to the Auth node within the Header node. I have attempted to incude inv:Username and inv:Password for the admin user, and get back the invalid character error. I have attempted to instead include a valid inv:SessionID, and get back the invalid character error. When I include a non-valid SessionID value, I get back a message, "No active session. Please login or provide a valid session identifier." When I include only the inv:Username, I get back a message that I must also supply a password. I have also tried including the inv:SessionID node, and placing the containing session ID string in an XML CDATA, but that results in the same "No active session" message being returned.

I have also tried accessing the FlushCaches ClarityWebService, with a parameterized cache to be flushed. I have experienced the same issues.

I have also tried accessing the FlushAllCaches Clarity Web Service via CrossCheck Networks SoapSonar Personal Edition, and have experienced the same issues.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Outcomes