Clarity

• 1.  Actuals Being Ignored in Calculations in Past EVM Reporting Periods

Posted Jul 19, 2011 03:18 PM
    Clarity only allows the creation of EVM Reporting periods from the present
    forward through the UI. In order to create an EVM Reporting period in the
    past, in this case May 2011, we followed the instructions found in TEC468117
    and created the period in the database. It displayed as a period in the list
    of EVM Reporting periods in the UI. Using the traditional method for posting
    time I opened the time periods in May, posted time for a resource on a task
    on a project and approved the timesheet. I then manually ran the following
    jobs:

1) Post Timesheets
    2) Post Transactions to Financials
    3) Import Financials
    4) Post to WIP

The Rate Matrix Extraction job runs nightly, and this resource was already
    assigned to the task I am using on the project I am using.

The Actuals for this resource appear correctly in the approved Cost Plan,
    Budget and schedule. In this case it is $8,723 (resource rate of $54.52 *
    160 posted May hours). There are no other actuals for May, labor or non
    labor. I ran a new baseline on the project and updated the earned value. I
    set the As Of Date to 5/31/2011 in an attempt to isolate May when reconciling
    my EVM numbers. I expected the ACWP to be $8,723, but instead it is $160.00.
    It appears as though the 160 hours of actuals were successfully entered
    into the database but the EVM, specifically the ACWP, calculation is not
    applying the 160 hours times the resource rate, but rather times 1.0. Why?
    I know I can successfully create past EVM reporting periods through the
    database, but if the calculations ignore the data within those past periods I
    cannot do EVM as my organization intends.

• 2.  RE: Actuals Being Ignored in Calculations in Past EVM Reporting Periods

Posted Jul 25, 2011 12:43 PM
    Hi All,

Any suggestions for this one?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Actuals Being Ignored in Calculations in Past EVM Reporting Periods

Posted Aug 03, 2011 10:03 AM
    It doesn't appear anyone has any suggestions on this one. You might check with Support if you haven't already.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 4.  RE: Actuals Being Ignored in Calculations in Past EVM Reporting Periods
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 04, 2011 01:00 AM
    Have you tried running these jobs as well ?

Create Earned Value Snapshots (in v8.1)
    This job creates a snapshot of a project and its task information, which can be used for displaying historical earned value. Each snapshot represents a period in time (i.e., monthly, daily, weekly) that you define

Update Earned Value History (v12x)
    The Update Earned Value History job calculates earned value for a project or set of projects and creates earned value snapshots of the time sliced data. This data is based on the earned value reporting period assigned to the project and the parameters that you select. The earned value snapshot is used for historical earned value analysis (EVA) and reporting. The snapshots are stored in rows in the PRJ_EV_HISTORY (earned value history) table. You can use this reporting data to write reports.
    This job invokes the Update % Complete job before it runs and completes. This job runs on a recurring schedule based on how often your organization reports on your earned value data. This job uses the lag value to determine the day to take the snapshot. A snapshot is taken on the first day following the defined lag, providing you do not run the job on that day.
    Example: Monthly with Three Day Lag
    If you schedule this job to run monthly starting 2/1/10 with a lag of three days and you have associated the project to an earned value reporting period whose period type is defined as Monthly and frequency is the first day of the month, a snapshot for January 2010 is generated only when the job runs on 2/04/10 or later.

Update Earned Value Totals (v12x)
    The Update Earned Value Totals job tracks project progress by calculating earned value and updating costs. This job invokes the Update % Complete job before it runs and completes. Calculates and records the project's current earned value data totals through the current date for a project or set of projects based on the parameters you select. The data is stored in a reserved row in the PRJ_EV_HISTORY (earned value history) table. The saved current earned value data totals are displayed in fields on projects and tasks.
    This job is scheduled to run regularly. You can schedule this job to run in the background. You can invoke this job on demand from within the project by updating the earned value.

NJ

• 5.  RE: Actuals Being Ignored in Calculations in Past EVM Reporting Periods

Posted Aug 09, 2011 10:50 AM
    Hi,

Did NJ's suggestion help and/or you find a resolution? Please mark Solution Accepted if that's the case.

Thanks!
    Chris