AnsweredAssumed Answered

XDM install

Question asked by snturner1 on Jul 20, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 by mphelan
I am using the nikuadmin xdm install command but I am getting an error.

Command: install database schema file
To URL: jdbc:clarity:oracle://wdc-devdb-16:1543;SID=clr12;BatchPerformanceWorkaround=true;InsensitiveResultSetBufferSize=0;ServerType=dedicated;supportLinks=true
As user: niku
For vendor: oracle
Process: /apps/clarity/nikuuat/clarity/database/sql/GENERATE_CMN_SEQ_TABLES.xml
Total time: 0H:0M:0S
Error: Exception encountered in updateTemplateFolders
com.niku.dms.util.DMSException: File is currently checked out by another user.
at com.niku.dms.service.DMSService.checkoutFileObject(DMSService.java:530)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.replaceTemplateFileContent(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:588)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkRecordTypes(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:536)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkActivity(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:373)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkActivityGroups(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:338)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkCatalog(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:287)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkCatalog(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:301)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.updateTemplateFolders(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:254)
at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.main(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:155)
Error occurred: /apps/clarity/nikuuat/clarity/.setup/scripts/xdm.xml:110: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/apps/clarity/nikuuat/clarity/webroot/WEB-INF/xdm/xdmApplyConfig.xml:159: Java returned: 7
Check admin.log or use -verbose for more information.

I have tried the -verbose and found errors on directories that don't exist. I created the missing directories and those errors went away. The fact that the install didn't create the directories initially makes me wonder if the install did not complete. I didn't get any errors to tell me different. Checking the NSA shows that the XDM still needs updated. I have had problems with this in the past because the "index" dir and the "file store" dir where not correct in the NSA. That is not the case now.

Anyone seen this error? Can someone explain what the nikuadmin xdm install is doing/used for? I just know it as a step I have to complete as part of the install of 12.1.1.

Outcomes