Service Operations Insight

• 1.  SOI Action and Security

Posted Apr 17, 2013 11:52 AM

Is there a way of limiting users to only use their applicable Actions for logging a ticket manually from SOI console? (right-click alarm --> Take action)

Example: Action policy 1 -Log ticket for Wintel environment. Action policy 2 -Log ticket for Linux envrionment.
    If a user has access to all alarm q's for Wintel environment and he/she wants to create a ticket via SOI console, is it possible to only display Action policy 1 -Log ticket for Wintel environment?

I currently have a list of about 20 different Action policies, but want to allow certain usergroups access to only 1 or 2 different Actions.

• 2.  RE: SOI Action and Security

Posted Apr 18, 2013 06:49 AM
    I'd be very interested in seeing this work too Madelaine.

• 3.  RE: SOI Action and Security
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2013 09:22 AM
    Hello Madelaine,

We cannot restrict users on escalation actions in the current release. We don't have security implemented at the action level yet, recently an ER has been raised. Probably it will be available in the future release.

Thanks
    Brahma

• 4.  RE: SOI Action and Security

Posted Apr 25, 2013 05:27 PM
    OK. Will look out for that.

• 5.  Re: SOI Action and Security

Posted Apr 05, 2018 09:31 AM

Hello, any updates to this request? I just noticed today that if someone logs into the SOI Mobile option, and they click on Actions then they see the entire list of all actions created. Some of those actions are specific to a particular client thus they can execute that action. There needs to be a way to limit the actions presented to a SOI end user based on criteria.

• 6.  Re: SOI Action and Security

Posted Apr 05, 2018 12:31 PM

There seems to be quiet a few discussions around this and the lack of a security model for user groups for Take Action. It has my vote

• 7.  Re: SOI Action and Security

Posted Apr 10, 2018 10:23 AM

There have been numerous topics/ideas regarding this, some going back as far as 6 years, and yet we have not seen anything come to light. Not even a single update from CA. There's really no point in having these ideas out there when they just get ignored.

• 8.  Re: SOI Action and Security

Posted Apr 10, 2018 01:03 PM

There are several ideas for this exact functionality ideas out there for many years to: 

To Add an 'action' in "Right Click Menu"  (30-Jul-2015)  11 Votes

Actions by User Groups  (05-Nov-2013)  21 Votes

Enable/Disable Alert Actions (13-Jul-2012)  51 Votes

• 9.  Re: SOI Action and Security

Posted May 02, 2018 06:52 AM

I agree that it is a great use case which is something we are taking care in next generation SOI i.e. Digital OI.

Regards,

Saket