Symantec Access Management

• 1.  WebLogic Portal integration with SiteMinder

Posted Jul 08, 2009 06:37 AM
    I am interested in integrating WebLogic Portal  with SiteMinder.   I thought I would reach out to the SiteMinder community to get some guidance on best implementation approaches.  My approach is to have SiteMinder provide perimeter authentication.   I would then pass header info and let WebLogic Portal use it to  publish portlets accordingly.  1.   Is this a valid approach?2.   How can the ASA be leveraged to protect portlets?   Can the ASA be configured to show/hide portlets based on policies?  Thank you for your thoughts on this.

• 2.  Re: WebLogic Portal integration with SiteMinder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2009 08:35 AM
    1.   Is this a valid approach?  Yes, you can use this but this will not give fine grinned authentication/authorization for your portlets.  2.   How can the ASA be leveraged to protect portlets?   Can the ASA be configured to show/hide portlets based on policies?  ASA has multiple providers like Identity Asserter, Authentication Provider, Authorization Provider and Adjudication Provider which can help you to configure what you are looking for.  Identity Asserter - Asserts the SMSESSION cookie and passes the USERID to weblogicAuthentication Provider - Can authenticate web and/or java client based login requestAuthorization Provider - Authorizes the requests which has siteminder session cookie  You can find more information about each module in ASA documentation. You can download the product and documentation if you have valid support contract.