Plex 2E

• 1.  Hiding the "Save User ID" check box

Posted Aug 26, 2008 11:51 PM
    Hi  We currently delete the ob600jr.dll to disable the "Save password" check box on the Plex log dialog box.   The operations department would also like us to allow them to hide the "Save user ID" check box as well to prevent users from saving the User ID to the .ini file.   Is this possible?  Thanks

• 2.  Re: Hiding the "Save User ID" check box

Posted Aug 27, 2008 09:14 PM
    I dont know of an option in Plex to prevent saving the user id besides doing it yourself.There are a number of options to try:  1) Make the .ini read only (dont know if it will cause problems, but also prevents keeping different user panel settings)2) In your top level function or MDI, always clear the user id in the .ini file in case it was saved3) Write your own logon box (you already have that, but could be problematic on a shared .ini)  This however indicates that you running your applications from a common shared folder. This is bad as it will degrade application performance as all DLL's are loaded across the network.  If you running in a thin client environment, the best is to copy the .ini file to each users, profile folders.

• 3.  Re: Hiding the "Save User ID" check box

Posted Aug 28, 2008 07:17 AM
    Anecdotally, I have also heard of Plex users customizing the shipped resource DLLs to hide unwanted fields using Visual Studio. Not sure if and how this works in practise.

• 4.  Re: Hiding the "Save User ID" check box
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 15, 2008 02:10 PM
    Hi, Daniel is right. You can dynamically modify Plex WINC Resource file via Visual Studio. Followings are purely technical information and CA doesn't recommend to do so.Anyway.. So if you uses English as a languageOpen Ob600lnc.dll with Visual Studio 2005.You get a resource view.Expand Dialog folder and find dialog ID 201.This is the log-in panel you are interested in.Select the Check Box and set Visible property to false...You done. Although I haven't tested by myself.Please keep original as a back up. BTW, Plex Java Client support disabling these three checkbook without trick. HTHKiyoshi

• 5.  Re: Hiding the "Save User ID" check box

Posted Sep 17, 2008 12:24 AM
    Thanks for the info :)