Plex 2E

• 1.  Winwidgets Combo Box

Posted Oct 21, 2008 10:55 AM
    Is it possible to display more than 4 rows in a Winwidgets combobox?Also, when I first display the combo box I would like the first entry in the list to be displayed. I have tried Locate and Put, but neither of these worked.I can't use the MFC Controls combo box, so, if the Winwidgets combo box can't do what I need, is there any other type of combo box that I could use??Thanks for your help.Karin

• 2.  Re: Winwidgets Combo Box

Posted Oct 21, 2008 02:42 PM
    Use the "List Box Height Factor" property of combo box control  Regards  Felipe

• 3.  Re: Winwidgets Combo Box

Posted Oct 22, 2008 07:03 AM
    Hi Felipe.The "List Box Height Factor" does not work with Winwidgets combo boxes, only with the MFC Controls combo boxes. I have a feeling that I need to use some kind of ActiveX combo box but I am not sure how to do that.Karin

• 4.  Re: Winwidgets Combo Box

Posted Oct 22, 2008 07:12 AM
    Karin,  It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, in the Panel Editor make the ComboBox the height that is needed to hold as many records as you want to display. At run time the combobox will still be a combobox, but when the list is displayed it will list more entries...  Ugly, but...  Crispin.

• 5.  Re: Winwidgets Combo Box

Posted Oct 22, 2008 08:07 AM
    Hi Crispin.I tried your suggestion. It showed one entry in a very big space! I'm sure that there must be a property somewhere that I need to fix, but you are right, it is very ugly and I don't really have enough room to expand it as much as I would like to.The problem originated in the fact that the application uses a lot of Microsoft Forms 2.0  ComboBoxes.  Since these no longer work in Plex, I need to change them all to something that does work. Winwidgets has some of the features of Microsoft Forms 2.0  ComboBoxes and MFC controls has different features of Microsoft Forms 2.0  ComboBoxes. What I really need is a combination of both!?!I think I might be SOL.Karin