ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  Specifying user on file_trigger jobs on UNIX

Posted Jun 26, 2009 01:01 PM
    I am creating a FILE_TRIGGER job that looks for a file on UNIX.   However, the directory that the file is located in is only accessible by NIS-authenticated users, or at least a local user account with a UID that matches an NIS account.   The job is running as the 'root' user which means that it's not able to access the file.  Is there a way to tell ESP that the file_trigger job should run using a specific UNIX account?   Looking at the documentation for 5.5, it looks like the USER parameter can be specified on Windows-based jobs, but not on UNIX-based jobs.   Does anyone know if there's an undocumented workaround for this?   Or if there are plans in future versions to allow for specifying the user on FILE_TRIGGER type jobs?

• 2.  Re: Specifying user on file_trigger jobs on UNIX

Posted Jun 30, 2009 04:29 AM
    You can try to add the USER to the File_Trigger and test it out.  Otherwise you can subscribe to the current ESP Listserv and repost your question. Here I am sure you will get more responses.   Go to the follow ing link.   http://listserv.cybermation.com/read/all_forums/   On the right hand side “ click â€? on the “ subscribe â€? word for ESP access.   Fill out the information and then “ click â€? on the “ subscribe â€? word.   This will send a request for access. You should receive an email back indicating you have been added to the LISTSERV.   Keep the following link handy for subsequence access to the LISTSERV.   http://listserv.cybermation.com/read/login/

• 3.  RE: Specifying user on file_trigger jobs on UNIX

Posted Jun 07, 2010 11:26 AM
    I am running ESP 11.3 and it still does not allow the use of USER for FILE_TRIGGER jobs. That is to say it will allow you to code USER for the FILE_TRIGGER for a unix agent and it will SIMULATE correctly but when the FILE_TRIGGER is actually invoked you get a "Logon Failed" status.

I once had a similar problem with the FILE_TRIGGER not being able to see into the directory that it was monitoring for file creation and I believe we were able to get around that by having the userid the ESP agent runs on gain membership in group that had access to that directory.

• 4.  RE: Specifying user on file_trigger jobs on UNIX

Posted Jun 08, 2010 10:18 AM
    We are running ESP 5.5 SP3 and R7 Agents.

We do not add a USER statement to FILE_TRIGGER jobs.

We run the ESP R7 Agent as root.

I tested and if you add a USER statement to a FILE_TRIGGER I get:

MSTD0528E ERROR OCCURRED PROCESSING EVENT SCHTESP.FILETRGL IN APPL FILETRGL.2
    MSTD4118E Unable to find password matching compops, File_Trigger, LJ_LINUX101,
    RC=4

View from CSF

Job Name Agent Name ApplName Gen# P Node CCode System Status
    ___ FILETRIG LJ_LINUX101 FILETRGL 3 SUBERROR - Submit Error, bad not defined

Use the The PASSWORD command to define and securely store a user ID/password pair.

From Page Mode

PASSWORD DEF USER(***) PASS(yyy)

Resubmit and job runs.