Clarity

• 1.  SMS Notification Functionality - for Urgent Incidents

Posted Mar 04, 2008 09:34 AM
    Does anybody effectively use the Notification/SMS feature? If so what is the setup requirement to demonstrate functionality and the format of the cell or pager number?  Are we talking text messaging and can it be set up for only URGENT Incidents (not low priority).[left] Any feedback on this type of usage is appreciated.    [left]

• 2.  Re: SMS Notification Functionality - for Urgent Incidents

Posted Mar 07, 2008 03:29 AM
    The sms messaging service actually work slightly differently to that.  [left]  [left] You configure an 'SMS Email Address' for each user.   You could then either setup your own SMS Gateway or use an external company that provide this service - one way this works is for each mobile number to be registered with the external company and they would provide you with an 'sms e-mail address' for each number.    When you send an e-mail to the  'sms e-mail address' it is forwarded to a mobile phone.   If the text is over 160 characters the text message is split but as far as I know the system only copes with joining 5 messages.[left]  [left] SMS e-mail address is not available as standard on the resource object but this can be added on the admin side.[left]  [left] I have never fully tested this but I have got as far as setting up 2 e-mail addresses and testing notifications - 1 for actual e-mail and 1 for SMS.[left]  [left] Hope this helps.[left]  [left] Andy[left]

• 3.  Re: SMS Notification Functionality - for Urgent Incidents

Posted Mar 07, 2008 03:29 AM
    FYI - I searched all the 8.1 documentation for SMS and found nothing of any real use.[left]

• 4.  Re: SMS Notification Functionality - for Urgent Incidents

Posted Mar 12, 2008 09:04 AM
    Thanks for the information on SMS. I will explore this setup as part of our upgrade to 8.1[left]

• 5.  RE: Re: SMS Notification Functionality - for Urgent Incidents

Posted Jan 21, 2011 05:40 PM
    Here is some additional information on the setup. I have only heard back from a few. Those who have reported back say it works well and is very handy.

1- In order for Clarity to work with SMS messages the a Mail server has to be
    configured and working internally.

To conduct a test the only data needed is: phone_number@sms_serverinfo.com o
    r if they are using their phone provider: areacode_phonenumber@serviceprovide
    r.com

2- To configure SMS with Clarity under Setting - Personal information provide
    the SMS address, then select notifications and make sure all of the check bo
    xes are checked under the SMS column.

Sincerely,
    Elizabeth Mark-Hollandsworth

Elizabeth Mark-Hollandsworth
    Support Engineer
    CA Clarity Project & Portfolio Management
    888-550-6458 office