Clarity

• 1.  Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted Mar 05, 2008 08:13 AM
    Hi all,

Anyone know how to update a Task within a Project without the PREXTERNALID value? We have a bunch of Tasks that we want to update using GEL and SOAP to cleanup the data. Many of them do not have the PREXTERNALID set. We have no problem reaching Tasks where the PREXTERNALID is set, just ones that do not have it set.

Also, If we don't supply the taskID as part of the XOG/SOAP request, it doesn't throw an exception/error...In fact, the XOG response is SUCCESS, but nothing gets updated on the database.

tia,

adym

• 2.  Re: Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted Jun 12, 2008 12:47 PM
    I am having the same problem, does anyone have any ideas? When you XOG out a task it inclues an attribute called internalTaskID which is the internal database ID for the task (PRID column from the PRTASK table). However, when I try to XOG that same task back in with the internalTaskID, it does not recognize the task by the internalTaskID and update it. Instead, it creates a new task in the database. This does not happen when I define an external task id for the task, but most of our tasks don't have those. Any thoughts?

• 3.  RE: Re: Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted May 22, 2013 07:00 AM
    Has anybody got possible solution for this issue.

• 4.  RE: Re: Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted May 22, 2013 07:23 AM
    (this is a very old thread, perhaps you would like to raise a new thread describing your problem)

Otherwise, set the value on the task via the GUI and then read the "missing" data from the database before you try to update it with XOG.

• 5.  RE: Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted Dec 11, 2013 07:55 PM

hi abhijit, i can't seem to find your other thread, can you point me to it please? (I checked your profile). ps. i appear to have the same issue on v13.1, and suspect that on xog read, internalTaskID gets populated correctly, but on xog-write, it seems to never find a db-instance match, and always creates a new task, whilst setting the 'taskID' (the UI one) to the db instance id sent in xog for internalTaskID. I suspect a bug, and hence asking you this same q.. (Dave, apols for the continued necro thread...)

• 6.  RE: Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted Jan 05, 2014 02:44 PM

Hi all.  This is not a bug - it's the way XOG is DESIGNED TO WORK on Tasks!!  The key field when XOGging Tasks is the Task ID (PRTASK.PREXTERNALID) field. It is utterly ridiculous that the primary key field is a non-mandatory, user-entered field in the GUI, but that's the way it is designed to work.

I've raised an enhancement request in the Ideas area:

https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-clarity-global-user-community/ideas?p_p_id=ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet_cmd=readMoreIdea&_ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet_readMorePath=%2Fjsp%2Fideation%2Fsearch%2FreadMoreIdea.jsp&_ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet_ideaEntryId=107092564&_ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet_currTAB=recent&_ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet_currentURL=%2Fweb%2Fca-clarity-global-user-community%2Fideas&_ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet_recentUserId=0&#p_ideation_WAR_Ideationportlet

and would encourage as many as possible to Promote it.  This is a major issue with XOG!

• 7.  RE: Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted Jan 06, 2014 11:40 PM

I had a similar issue a while back and opened a ticket. Support suggested running a query to update prexternalid=id where prexternalid is null.

That will allow you to update instead of duplicating through xog.

Be sure to open a ticket, for any database queries to be ran against clarity

• 8.  Re: Task update through GEL/XOG...

Posted Apr 23, 2015 06:17 PM

The URL to AlistairMiller's idea is Task XOG should not use non-mandatory field