Clarity

• 1.  Risk - Category

Posted Jul 08, 2008 08:05 PM
    Is it possible to modify the Risk Category list.  - I went to the "Category Type" lookup and am able to change the names of the values, but am unable to deactivate the ones I dont wont. Is it possible to deactivate a few of these values that we dont plan to use? - Also once I modify the names of the Risk Category values, they dont reflect within the Project -> Risk -> Contributing Factors subpage. Is there anyway to keep the names consistent Thanks Aashish

• 2.  Re: Risk - Category

Posted Sep 17, 2008 01:22 AM
    AAshish,  Since it is an system lookup it will not allow to make InActive via application.We can make the Field as Inactive.You can update the status in database.    select * from cmn_lookups where LOOKUP_TYPE='RIM_CATEGORY_TYPE'update set IS_ACTIVE=0 where LOOKUP_TYPE='RIM_CATEGORY_TYPE' and LOOKUP_CODE='rcf_flexibility'   and then check in the drop down menu. Iam able to modify the name in lookup (Have you saved and submit that) and then it is reflecting in the Project-->Risk-->Contributing factors sub page. sundar  

• 3.  Re: Risk - Category

Posted Sep 17, 2008 05:57 AM
    Sundar, thanks a bunch. I appreciate your reply. Aashish

• 4.  Re: Risk - Category
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2008 07:48 AM
    To change a label for the Risk Categories Lookup (RIM_CATEGORY_TYPE) you can modify it from the Lookup definition as follows:  Admin Tool > Lookups Locate the 'Category Type' (RIM_CATEGORY_TYPE) lookup Navigate to 'Values' Click the 'translate' icon next to the lookup value Update the label that will appear throughout the application for the different languages Click 'Submit' button Navigate to Admin Tool > Objects > Project Object > Views Project Properties [Fields] Check the label on the field and update it as desired  Please read the following Knowledgebase Article :       TEC439187 : How do I manage the list of values for the Risk Categories Lookup (RIM_CATEGORY_TYPE) This article describes the proper steps for changing the Risk Categories that appear on the Investment > Risk subpage.    Message Edited by Kathryn_Ellis on 10-03-2008 08:58 AM [left]