Clarity

• 1.  Daily and Hours Units

Posted Oct 06, 2008 10:05 AM
    Is it possible to have the timesheet default units be hours and optionally permit a resouce to enter daily? We have some consultants that bill daily and some that bill hourly and it would be nice to accomodate both options.

• 2.  Re: Daily and Hours Units
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 07, 2008 07:09 AM
    If you set the display unit in Admin Tool > Project Management - Timesheet Options to hours, then the users can configure their own timesheets to display days. Martti K.  When posted the days will be converted to hours (and futhrer to seconds) with the hours per dayof thesystem base calendar. Message Edited by martink on 10-07-2008 06:17 PM [left]

• 3.  Re: Daily and Hours Units

Posted Oct 28, 2008 07:14 AM
    This does not quite meet our need. It does permit tracking by day as opposed to hour. My need is to record the number of hours worked and then price that labor based on a daily rate. Thus, if the rate is 500/day and the resource works 10 hours in a day cost for the day is 500. If they work 2 hours then the cost for the day is 500.

• 4.  Re: Daily and Hours Units

Posted Oct 29, 2008 03:30 PM
    I don't know the details precisely as we never proceeded with it, but I recall when we were looking to implement Clarity 7.5.x a couple of years ago we had exactly this discussion, and I think we discovered that using the Rate Matrix you can have a Normal Time rate, and an Overtime rate.  For those resources who are billing by the day as opposed to the hour, you can simply set the overtime rate to $0.  So, if you're using the Financial Management module, you should (if my memory is correct) be able to accomplish what you need.

• 5.  Re: Daily and Hours Units

Posted Oct 30, 2008 04:40 AM
    I had not thought of it that way but it is a good suggestion! We will look into it and thanks.