AnsweredAssumed Answered

Resource Calendars, Project Calendars and Non-Work time

Question asked by JenniferD on Dec 9, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2009 by Chris_Hackett
Ok, we have weekends set up (normally enough) as Non-Work Time.   But on certain IT projects, work needs to be scheduled for the weekend, like when they make a production change.   So the project manager tries to schedule work then but it moves it to Monday since Monday is the next day with work time.   We can change the calendar on the resource, but if the resource is on multiple projects, this makes that weekend work time scheduleable for all the projects he or she is on.   The only workaround I can see is to make that weekend work time for the resource(s) and then use variable allocation to make the allocation 100% for the IT project and 0% for all other projects.   Problem with this is the project manager has to find out what all other projects the resource is on and contact the other project managers and have them update the variable allocation or risk having the other projects off because Clarity scheduled work for their projects too for that weekend.I contacted support and they just told me it was working correctly and I needed training - they wouldn't answer my question of how to make this work or what I should do.   Unfortunately we've had I don't know how many CA Reps (no clue on who the current one is)  and there appears to be no documentation regarding this issue at all.   Some pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated...we're having this issue come up more and more often.

Outcomes