Clarity

• 1.  Cancel deletion of Idea

Posted Mar 02, 2009 09:38 AM
    For projects marked/flagged to be deleted  by the "Delete Investment" job, I have the capability to cancel the deletion on the projects list up until the delete job runs.  After flagging an Idea to be deleted by the Delete Investment job, the "Cancel Deletion" option is not available on the work request/Idea list.  Is there a way to systematically cancel  (un-mark) deletions  of ideas?  Thanks,Dave    

• 2.  Re: Cancel deletion of Idea

Posted Mar 03, 2009 07:11 AM
    UPDATE INV_INVESTMENTSSET PURGE_FLAG = nullWHERE ODF_OBJECT_CODE = 'idea'                   -- (redundant check)AND CODE = ' >'    ?  David MortonCapgemini

• 3.  Re: Cancel deletion of Idea

Posted Mar 03, 2009 08:47 AM
    Thanks Dave.  Was  looking for a solution  where the user could "undo" what they had done thru the UI versus actually  updating the DB via SQL.  Seems the "Cancel Deletion"  capability  is there for projects  but not ideas.

• 4.  Re: Cancel deletion of Idea

Posted Mar 03, 2009 11:19 PM
    Yeah it doen't look like it is in the GUI unfortunately. (Re-activating the Idea doesn't seem to help)  I guess that if you really (really absolutely really must have) wanted user control, then you could build a job that took an "idea" as a parameter and then executed the SQL below against the database......   but that is all a bit over engineered isn't it!    EDIT : Had a flash of inspiration - I thought you could configure the "Idea List" layout to display the Purge Flag (you can!), then go into "Edit Mode" on that screen (you can!), then update the Purge Flag in edit mode (but you CAN'T - the field is read only - the IDEA object does not allow grid-editting on that field and there doesn't appear to be a way to override it.   Pah.) Message Edited by Dave on 03-04-2009 09:23 AM [left]

• 5.  Re: Cancel deletion of Idea

Posted Mar 04, 2009 05:00 AM
    Hi Dave,  I  had the same "inspiration" (also to no avail).   :)  Thanks for the suggestion to create a job to as an option to give user control.   Guess I'll see how bad they want/need it!  Dave_W

• 6.  Re: Cancel deletion of Idea
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 04, 2009 05:37 AM
    Just a thought, It would be good to create a process on idea object with one step having custom GEL script(with below update command)  to  clear Purge flag. This allows user to open an  Idea, Click on processes tab and initiate the process.      UPDATE INV_INVESTMENTSSET PURGE_FLAG = nullWHERE ODF_OBJECT_CODE = 'idea'                   -- (redundant check)AND id={gel_objectInstanceID}    If you create a job, user should explicitly pass IdeaID  whenever he wants to run this job.  I did not explore much of 8.1 functionality, so not sure if you have an processes tab when you open an Idea.  RegardsSiva  

• 7.  Re: Cancel deletion of Idea

Posted Mar 04, 2009 05:54 AM
    Thanks Siva.  Great idea.   I currently have another process (in 8.1.1) on the idea object for locking and unlocking attributes.   Unfortunately, as Dave stated, the purge flag is read only and can not be edited.  Since it does not seem possible to do so thru the GUI,  a separate process  with one step having a custom GEL script (with below update command)  to  clear the Purge flag will do the trick and fit well into what our users are accustomed to doing.  Thanks,Dave_W