AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sort Order in Multidimensional Portlet

Question asked by DeclanKenny on May 12, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2010 by Chris_Hackett
I have a 2 dimensional portlet:  Y axis = Project  X axis = Time Period (months from the BIZ_COM_PERIODS table).        In order to have my time periods in the correct order, I have added a PRD_SORT property to the period dimension (mapped to the month start date) and have used that as the first field in my column sorting section of the portlet layout.      The problem I am facing is that when a user sorts the result set by any column, e.g. Project Name, This row sort order moves above the column sort order in precedence. So all my months are now out of sequence, making the portlet virtually useless.      So, is there any way to  1.         Separate the column and row sort orders in a multidimensional portlet?  or  2.          Configure the portlet in a way that prevents the users from sorting the result set?    As I see it, these are the only two options that will keep my column order correct, or maybe I am missing something.    I've added a screenshot of my portlet layout - hopefully that will help explain my dilemma.   Thanks in advanceDeclan Message Edited by DeclanKenny on 05-12-2009 11:09 AM [left]

Attachments

Outcomes