Clarity

• 1.  How to hide a Convert button?

Posted May 20, 2009 02:42 AM
    Hi all,a button appears once an Idea is aproved. I don't want to let convert any idea before some other things are defined for the approved idea. Therefore I created a process which checks these things and then converts the idea to a project. The question is how to hide this button? In other words, how to prevent people from converting ideas manually?  Best regards,Pawel    

• 2.  Re: How to hide a Convert button?

Posted May 21, 2009 02:55 AM
    I'm not aware of a method to hide this button and couldn't find a permission that would in essence turn it off.  I will offer the following suggestions:  You may consider using a process for the Approval which would perform an automated check which would allow the approver to approve but then send you an action item for you to do your manual checks and verifications before the idea becomes officially approved.  you could then perform your validation in advance.  if it passes, you could possibly automate the convert from the same running instance.  One of the things that we've had great success is that once an idea is approved, our process locks all fields down so they can't be edited.  This gives us a logical baseline of what was approved before converting to a project.  Hope this helps.  Vic    

• 3.  Re: How to hide a Convert button?
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2009 07:12 AM
    I did it on 8.0 editing the file: Clarity Installation folder\META-INF\pma\vxsl\idea\ideaProperties.xsl . Comment the following block                          Note: This change may not be retained after upgrade or after applying fix pack.  

• 4.  Re: How to hide a Convert button?

Posted May 27, 2009 12:01 AM
    Excellent!  Thanks for your help. The button disappeared.  It seems that this is the place where I could also:1) Change the name of the button,2) Change the conditions on what the button is displayed, or even...3) Add my own buttons!  Did you ever do any of it?  Pawel

• 5.  Re: How to hide a Convert button?

Posted Jun 01, 2009 08:56 AM
    Adding a note to push this forward after board consolidation.