Clarity

• 1.  What is the Datamart / Project OBS Mapping for?

Posted May 26, 2009 05:50 PM
    Hi All,  I've had a search throught the doco and tech ref, but can't find info on what the Project OBS Mappings are for.  Are they mandatory? Can I succesfully populate all datamart tables and columns without that portion of the datamart settings configured at all?  regards,samos.

• 2.  Re: What is the Datamart / Project OBS Mapping for?

Posted May 28, 2009 02:17 PM
    Hi Samos,  I checked with someone on this and this is what they were able to provide.   Beyond the below I would check docs, KB articles and see if another user responds who may know.  Regards,Chris   

I found this from an old case.

Q:
    Do  we  need  to  update  our  Project  OBS  Mapping  in  the  Datamart  Settings?

A:
    Yes  if  you  want  to  them  available  for  datamart  for  reporting.

So I guess the answer is that if they will need it for
    reporting, they need to set this up.   That in mind, I do not think that
    the datamart  tables and columns will be populated without that portion of
    the datamart settings configured.

• 3.  Re: What is the Datamart / Project OBS Mapping for?

Posted May 29, 2009 10:02 AM
    I add to that - This is what they are used for:  The datamart will automatically create summary data using your OBS Structure for reporting   purposes.Suppose you have an OBS like this:ALL/Americas/NorthAmerica/UnitedStates/California  And Project *** has 1000ETC And 100000USD Budget for California.The datamart will navigate the OBS tree and add those numbers to California, UnitedStates, NorthAmerica, Americas and ALL branches.That way, if you report on "NorthAmerica" this project will be included.  Makes sense?Alex     

• 4.  Re: What is the Datamart / Project OBS Mapping for?

Posted May 30, 2009 09:51 PM
    ok i get that, but i guess 'in the ol days' from 7.0.2 onwards, this part of the configuration was for 'defaulting' the obs-unit  for the project instance in the datamart if there was no OBS-unit  selected on the project instance.is that still the case with this in 8.1, and just worded differently?

• 5.  Re: What is the Datamart / Project OBS Mapping for?

Posted Jun 01, 2009 09:09 AM
    Adding a note to push this forward after board consolidation.

• 6.  Re: What is the Datamart / Project OBS Mapping for?

Posted Apr 08, 2010 11:24 AM
    Hi All,    Can we change the OBS listed in the Datamart settings? And how will this affect reporting? I noticed that only 5 OBS entries for resource and project can be listed.  I am tryinig to figure out the correct datamart settings, and how they the Clarity base reports.  Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.  Thanks,  Kart.    

• 7.  Re: What is the Datamart / Project OBS Mapping for?

Posted Apr 08, 2010 01:50 PM
    Yes you can change the OBS, but I don't recall if you have to reinitialize the datamart first. But you would want to do that, for the all the data would have the correct OBS associations.  Martti K.