AnsweredAssumed Answered

Challenges with Clarity & MSP and shifts

Question asked by Ruthann Spencer on Jun 10, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 by vtleogal
Not sure that this problem is unique, but I can't figure out how to address it, so I am asking for thoughts and input.  We are a global company and our resources generally work an 8 hour day - except for the UK, where they work 7 hours a day.  I've gone into  MSP to the  Options and Calendar and have set the  shift to 7 hours a day and 35 hours a week.   I saved it as my default.I launched a project from Clarity into MSP.   Automatically, it says the shift is 8 hours, instead of 7.   I went into the Options and Calendar again, and set the shift to 7 hours a day and 35 hours a week.   I saved it as my default again.   The project now shows the resource as 100% on the task and the days is 1 day in duration and the ETC is 7 hours.   Fabulous.   I then saved the project back to the Clarity database.  I then re-launched the project into MSP from Clarity.  The project still shows the work is 7 hours for the resource and the units are 100% but  the duration is now .88.   I checked the Options and Calendar and it is back to 8 to 5 and 8 hours a day and 40 hours  a week.    How do I get this fixed to handle different shifts and stick?   Any thoughts?  Ruthann  

Outcomes