Clarity

• 1.  Crystal Reports 'Boolean' not receiving 'checkbox' parameter values from C

Posted Jul 08, 2009 11:59 PM
    Hi all,I have various reports that incorporate boolean parameters.When I bind these to Clarity using a checkbox, the values from Clarity do not translate into 'True' or 'False'Can anyone tell me if I need to create a Clarity True/False   lookup?   With Actuate I used to be able to use the checkbox.  Regards,Matt

• 2.  Re: Crystal Reports 'Boolean' not receiving 'checkbox' parameter values fr

Posted Jul 12, 2009 06:10 PM
    Matt,   This is a long shot, as I'm no reports guy, let alone Business Objects....     But have you tried using a lookup parameter instead of a straight boolean?     Eg, use "Portlet Yes/No" rather than "CMN_YesNo" as the lookup for a reporting  parameter, rather than a straight boolean, since the portlet  lookup returns 1/0 for yes/no, rather than 4039/4040 from the common lookup...     I suppose that you have checked for the values "behind the scenes" on the parameters  right?     Maybe someone else has a better idea, as I'm suggesting blind here...     Sam.      

• 3.  Re: Crystal Reports 'Boolean' not receiving 'checkbox' parameter values fr

Posted Jul 15, 2009 02:53 AM
    Thanks for the response.I ended up changing the crystal report design so that the parameter was a NUMBER with allowed values of 1 or 0  Then in Clarity, I just bound the parameter as a check box (which give a 1 or 0)  Regards,Matt

• 4.  Re: Crystal Reports 'Boolean' not receiving 'checkbox' parameter values fr

Posted Jul 18, 2009 03:21 AM
    Hi  If you are looking in detail how to  add checkboxes into crystal reports on a boolean feild and if the boolean field is false  uncheck else check the checkbox look at this articlehttp://checkboxcrystalreport.blogspot.com/2009/07/printing-checkbox-in-crystal-report-for.html