Clarity

• 1.  Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

Posted Jul 19, 2009 05:27 AM
    I am new to Clarity Studio and being an administrator of our companies implementation of Clarity.   It is a new implementation and is hosted by CA as SaaS.  My query, we are making quite a few changes to view, pages and subpages on the Project Object, one which we wish to make is to hide the "Estimating" page or section when viewing a project.   For the   life of me I cannot find this under the object properties or view and cannot see where this might be from a security or groups and roles perspective.   We are not planning to implement or use the financials, resourcing or timesheets etc for some time and to simplify roll out, training and change management I  would really like to hide or remove this from the screen.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

Posted Jul 20, 2009 01:04 AM
    1) Go to Project Object2) Click Layout:edit from views3) Click Estimating subpage properties page4) Enable the secure Check box and set the display condition like &&&&&&&5) It's automatically hide from the project page.

• 3.  Re: Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

Posted Jul 20, 2009 12:19 PM
      |   view attached
    How convenient that someone posted my same question- my lucky day!     I am quite experienced in Studio and I assumed it would be exactly as the post above shows. I don't think Estimating is a subpage of the project properties. My guess is that the original poster is on v12 like me maybe?If you go to the edit view, estimating is not there. Neither is contract. Go to objects> contract shows as does Quality attributes, etc all sub-objects of the project object.[the  quality attributes as an example  is a sub page too)[/indent]However, estimating is nowhere to be found. I even checked the task object. I find links to the estimating page, but cannot find the estimating page anywhere (page/object, etc)-- is this a bug or is it just very well hidden ?   I checked menu manager, all objects, all views of the project, resource and task object, portlet pages, and I cannot find this.  Is there anyone on v12 who can find this estimating page? (maybe the steps above work on v8? )I've added a screen shot of the project properties page from the project view and then one on the project object> edit views screen shot.(I hope it attaches ok) Message Edited by vtleogal on 07-20-2009 04:26 PM [left] Message Edited by vtleogal on 07-20-2009 04:27 PM [left]

Attachment(s)

doc
    ESTIMATING PAGE_FORUMS.doc   80 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

Posted Jul 20, 2009 05:39 PM
    vtleogal, yes this is exactly the problem we have, looks like we tried the same things with no louck.   We are running 8.1.1.

• 5.  Re: Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

Posted Jul 20, 2009 05:58 PM
    well there goes that theory :) I was thinking that from the first reply someone physically had it in front of them (maybe 7.5.3. then?) anyway, I checked support knowledge base and found nothing either. If anyone has anything, please post, otherwise, I will log a case with support.  Bj - if I do, I will post the reply here.. I'll wait about a day to see if anyone here has the answer.  thanksLynn

• 6.  Re: Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

Posted Jul 21, 2009 06:57 AM
    Hi,  If it is an sub page or  subobject/related  to project object  it would be viewed under project object -->Linking,there all the system/custom links will be shown.But iam not able to see this any where.i believe it would be better to  log with CA Support.  regards,sundar

• 7.  Re: Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

Posted Jul 21, 2009 07:22 AM
    thanksI logged a case.. I will post the final response on here as well  

• 8.  Re: Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2009 08:57 AM
    Per CA support:This is as designed, He was not sure exactly why but he will see if he can get more information from Product Mgmt. There is an existing ERQ logged and he associated my case to it. I advised another client on here had the same need.(so feel free to have them add you to the ERQ)Anyway, my guess is that it is somehow connected to the ETC/Estimating tab at the task level, as when I tested it it did update those values.  update- he called back.. said for me to file a new ERQ as the one he had was old.. from 7.5.0 --  Not the answer I wanted to here, but at least I can train around it.. (support responded very quickly) Message Edited by vtleogal on 07-21-2009 01:06 PM [left]