Clarity

• 1.  Condition/Business Rule to change Approval Status of Idea

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2009 07:46 AM
    Does any one aware of any business rule/condition to change the Approval Status  of IDEA.  I am trying to change the approval status to Unapproved in the process and it throws INV-0007:  Please enter a valid status code.    Searched for KB TEC439273, it  mentions that the status can be changed only with a combination of PROGRESS and Dates for PROJECT and I don't find any business rule for IDEA.  Would appreciate if someone has the business rule to change the IDEA Status and would share the same.  ThanksMuthu

• 2.  Re: Condition/Business Rule to change Approval Status of Idea

Posted Aug 06, 2009 08:43 AM
    Hi Muthu,  I am checking with someoneon this.   You may want to log an issue with Support to see if they know as well unless another user chimes in here.  Regards,Chris

• 3.  Re: Condition/Business Rule to change Approval Status of Idea

Posted Aug 06, 2009 09:24 AM
    What I have back so far:  The business rules are built into Clarity that
    you cannot change the Approval Status   unless the Idea or Project status
    is a certain value.   The KB article describes several of the acceptable
    combinations.  

• 4.  Re: Condition/Business Rule to change Approval Status of Idea

Posted Aug 06, 2009 11:07 AM
    Hi,  I have the following information regarding the Approval Status and Progress Status:  The Project Status field uses the system-restricted lookup 'Investment Object State'. The 'Investment Object State' Lookup has six values defined: 'Approved', 'Cancelled', 'On Hold', 'Rejected', 'Resumed', 'Unapproved'.
    In Clarity 8.x, the 'Investment Object State' lookup has 3 additional lookup values defined: 'Converted', 'Incomplete', and 'Submitted for Approval'. These lookup values are used for the Idea Object and only appear on Idea instance records.There is logic built into Clarity that controls which values are available. This logic is based on the values in the Status field, the Progress Field, and the date fields in the Project Investment.When the project is created, it is given a default status of 'Unapproved'.If a project is Unapproved, the end-user can change it to 'Approved' or 'Rejected'.If a project is 'Approved' and has a Progress of 'Not Started', then the status can only be changed back to 'Unapproved' or 'Rejected'.If a project, without a simple budget, is 'Approved' and has a Progress of 'Started', then the status can only be changed back to 'Unapproved' or to 'Canceled'.If a project is 'Cancelled' and has a Progress of 'Started', then the status can only be changed back to 'Approved' or to 'Resumed'.A project, with a simple budget, can only be changed to 'On Hold' if it has a Progress of 'Started' and the current date falls between the Budgeted Cost Start date and the Budgeted Cost Finish date.
    Note: In Clarity Studio, the administrator has the ability to define an 'Override Default' value for this attribute. Although this is possible, the 'Override Default' value will not be used for this attribute because this attribute employs the use of application rules to display selected lookup values based on other project conditions.    Thanks,Vasanth