AnsweredAssumed Answered

Taskwise  Requirement

Question asked by sundar on Sep 2, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2009 by sundar
Hi,    i have given an requirement to be done via clarity.It is Given below.we have already a common set of tasks /phases for support & development projects used by PM's and other staff's but this one is considered as seperate tasks by Mgmt.    Managers have   to complete important tasks on time like managing risks,forecasting etc by a specific date.To make them more efficient and improve their responsiveness to management tasks it is proposed to create a standard task list for them associate with the calendar and remind them of the tasks to be completed on time.  The standard tasks can be a recursive task with frequency of daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly. Each task should have a description and any attached documents with it. Alerts have to be generated when a new task is assigned, task is modified, task is deleted, reminder to complete the tasks and an alert that the task is overdue.Onec updated an report needs to be send to management after the cut off date. 
I thought of   the below option but suddenly stuck at middle,pls advice me.Don't want any customisation as we are nearing for an upgrade.    Here i believe that standard tasks can be created as activity / milestone as only status needs to be updated not timesheeting.    Create the set of tasks(Only Milestones/Activities) in an seperate phase with milestone/activity and upload against all the respective projects and each once the activity/milestone is completed the PM needs to update the status.They can also attach the documents against the Milestone / Activity(Document Mgr) as it is available in clarity.    Then for the Alerts (notifications) -->Planning to create a process for that set of tasks to be created using task object and notify them .(explore it)    How to handle the one below..    The standard tasks can be a recursive task with frequency of daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.    regards,  sundar

Outcomes